New racetronix dual in-tank fuel systems

Some customer DP orders being prepared with AN fittings

DPFS-G7_AN_fittings.jpg

Jack,
Is just the pump assembly by itself without the harness?? I bought one of the last of your previous runs of the dual pump harness a while ago and was waiting to get my new motor built before obtaining a dual pump set-up, so I just need the pump/hanger assembly and the hobbs harness. I looked on your website and didn't see just the pump/hanger assembly available by itself. Could I do a special order?? If so how?? A few other guys may be in the same boat. Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
John A, Turbohh

Jack,
Is just the pump assembly by itself without the harness?? I bought one of the last of your previous runs of the dual pump harness a while ago and was waiting to get my new motor built before obtaining a dual pump set-up, so I just need the pump/hanger assembly and the hobbs harness. I looked on your website and didn't see just the pump/hanger assembly available by itself. Could I do a special order?? If so how?? A few other guys may be in the same boat. Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
John A, Turbohh

Please send an e-mail to sales@racetronix.com with what you require. If you bought the harness and other parts not too long ago we may be able to put something together for you.

Will this set-up and pumps be reliable running E85??? What other pumps will you offer if any?

Will this set-up and pumps be reliable running E85??? What other pumps will you offer if any?

The Walbro pumps used are not certified for use with E85. We cannot make any guarantees as to the reliability of the pumps if used with E85. The OD of the pumps used just fit the opening of the tank without any room to spare so a physically larger pump cannot be used. To our knowledge there are no alternative pumps with the same case size which are truly certified for use with E85.

Just saw one of the bad boy's! All I can say is wow! Super nice. Almost to nice to be unseen in the tank.
If it performs even close to how the "entire kit" looks... this thing is a WINNER!

Brian

I sent you an email also i have the diy DP harness and would like to order one of these new senders without pumps to work with it...

Ok now that i am in the right thread what size is the return line? And the feed is 0.375 ?
Chris

Being i dont know the answer at low rpm or idle will that 1/4" return handle the flow back to the tank coming from a 3/8" line?
Chris

Just a reminder to all those who have purchased our DP system.
Please read the sales order/invoice or packing slip for a link to our support forum.
All support is provided via our forum. There you will find answers to frequently asked questions as well as techs who can answer your questions.
Thanks.

Please keep us posted on the status of getting the correct sender for the digital dash cars. as soon as you got the correct sender i will take one with the AN fittings welded on..

Please keep us posted on the status of getting the correct sender for the digital dash cars. as soon as you got the correct sender i will take one with the AN fittings welded on..

We are aiming to have the digital dash senders available in the new year.
The drop-down menu option will be added soon for this sender on the product configuration screen here:
Racetronix - Dual In-tank Pump System G7X - Kit Configuration Page
This will allow customers to pre-order this DP system and lock in the current introductory sale price.

We are aiming to have the digital dash senders available in the new year.
The drop-down menu option will be added soon for this sender on the product configuration screen here:
Racetronix - Dual In-tank Pump System G7X - Kit Configuration Page
This will allow customers to pre-order this DP system and lock in the current introductory sale price.

thank you.. please if you would, post letting us know that the configuration screen has been update so i can pre-order

Wow!

I finally had the opertunity to fondle one of these Double pumpers.

With the material used and the Strict Quality control, I can see this system being the new standard for our cars.

I also like the fact that they do not use the same Walbro pump that let us all down, they use the style that requires machine work to use with our
sending units.

With all the China crap out there its a relief to see a well made domestic product.

Thanks Jack and Staff... you hit a home run.

We have had numerous customers asking the following questions so we will answer them here.

Q1. Is the Hobbs pressure switch included with the DP system?
A1. The Hobbs pressure switch and interface harness are OPTIONS you can select via the drop-down menu in our web store. These are listed as options because not all customers require them. Some customers have computers, which can control both pumps via the jumpers (shown in our picture) on our dual harness. Some customers have upgraded return lines and chose to run both pumps all the time. We recommend using either your computer or our Hobbs switch to control the second pump. This reduces the electrical load, fuel heating and wear on the secondary pump. The primary and secondary pump may be easily switched by swapping the control jumpers if you wish to balance out the run-time on the pumps. The DP harness comes with both control jumpers plugged in as shown in our ad. In addition to this the DP harness comes with a Weather-Pack connector so you can interface the secondary pump control to your aftermarket computer or any pull-to-ground signal.

Q2. Can other pumps be used in the DP sender as an option?
A2. Only the Walbro and Aeromotive pumps will fit through the tank opening side-by-side. It is a VERY tight fit. The DW and Siemens will not fit! We are not currently offering the Aeromotive pumps an option. If 500LPH+ of fuel is not enough for your needs then perhaps a dedicated fuel system would be worth considering.

Q3. Is the DP system E85 compatible?
A3. The Buick fuel system was never designed for use with E85. True E85 certified systems have their electrical connections fully isolated from the fuel and the internal pump components that come in contact with the fuel are made of special plastics and nickel. Some HP pump vendors are currently marketing their pumps as E85 compatible but there is just as much compatibility with their construction as there is to a Walbro 255. Customers have been running E85 with the Buick sender and Walbro 255 pumps but we cannot vouch for their longevity. If you use E85, you do so at your own risk.

Q4. I have your D-I-Y DP kit on a factory sender and I would like to upgrade / replace the sender. Can I buy the sender with the required parts?
A4. If you have our DP D-I-Y kit and would like to buy the parts we can help you BUT we MUST KNOW which parts you purchased. Some customers bought our kit with the brass pump coupler or silver/red billet coupler. If you have the brass coupler you will need to purchase the billet unit. If you have the billet coupler and it is being used on the factory, sender you will require a larger outlet o-ring to be able to place it on the new Racetronix sender b/c the tube OD is much larger. The dual pump mount may be re-used. The bulkhead, in-tank and intermediate wiring have all been upgraded and come pre-installed on the SS sender. If you have your sales order or invoice number, please supply it along with your e-mail inquiry.

Q5. Can the single Racetronix Hotwire Harness be used to power the new DP system?
A5. No it cannot. The harness for the DP system is very different in almost all aspects.

Q6. Can I buy the entire DP system in a D-I-Y format?
A6. We are only selling a DP D-I-Y kit for the purpose of installing it on a factory GM sender. Our complete assembled and tested DP kit is not that much more than the D-I-Y kit so in effect the assembly, testing and sender are being included at a minimal price. We prefer to assemble all the DP systems here to rule out any problems and to ensure that every DP system that ships meets stringent performance specifications.

Q7. I already have some Walbro 255LPH pumps. Can I use them with your system?
A7. Only the GSS340M and GSS294M pumps can be used with our dual pump mount bracket. This bracket is designed to accommodate pumps with a machined 22mm centered inlet ONLY! The non 'M' version of the GSS340 supplied by other vendors will not work (this is for a mustang application). The GSS341, GSS342, F20000169 pumps will not work. Please note that you are responsible for any damage or lack of performance as a byproduct of installing your own pumps.

Q8. I have heard some bad things about Walbro pumps on this forum. Are there other options?
A8. This is old news. The pump in question was the F20000169. Racetronix never sold this with any of our Buick-specific kits. Racetronix has always bundled the GSS340M pumps with our kits so our customers did not have the multitude of problems people had to deal with YEARS ago. Racetronix is currently bundling the GSS294M with its single and dual kits. This pump has the same guts and spec as the GSS340M. Racetronix adjusts the pressure relief valve on the GSS294M to guarantee improved performance at elevated operating pressures.

Q9. I have a digital dash car. Do you have a sender for me?
A9. Yes, we have a 120 ohm level sender for the digital dash cars. A drop-down option has been added to our DP system here: http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=DPFS-G7&eq=

Q10. What size of fuel line do you recommend if I decide to upgrade?
A10. We recommend a Teflon braided -8 feed and a -6 return line. We do not recommend any type of rubber (braided or not) for use with modern-day fuels. These Teflon lines will be more than able to support the full performance of our DP system.

Q11. Where is the biggest restriction in the fuel system?
A11. The factory steel lines running up the front of the motor.

Q12. Is the factory filter able to flow enough for the DP system.
A12. A clean factory filter is more than adequate for two 255LPH pumps. We do not recommend most aftermarket cartridge paper filters or SS mesh filters. The idea here is to protect the motor.

Q13. Can I use a volt-booster with your system?
A13. Yes, increased system voltage benefits pump performance.

Q14. What brand of fuel pressure regulator do you recommend?
A14. Accufab

Q15. Where do I get support?
A15. Via our support forum 24/7. The web URL which explains how to register is listed in our sales orders, sales invoices and packing slips. We do not provide a installation manual as of yet however the system is fairly easy to install b/c it is plug and play. Anybody who has installed a fuel pump and hotwire harness before will have no problem installing our DP system.

Q16. Do you offer a -10 / -8 outlet version of this sender?
A16. We do not offer a -10 / -8 outlet version. The -8 / -6 version is more than large enough to support the fuel volume two pumps provide. You can see the oultet comparisons here for a comparison:http://www.racetronix.com/images/Fuel_Pumps/Walbro_pump_head-a.jpg
The outlet tubes will not easily accept larger fittings. If your motor really needs -10 / -8 lines to support the HP it produces then perhaps a dedicated external fuel system is worth considering. We offer in-line Weldon gear and Walbro screw pumps in our web store.

Q17. Do you provide an installation manual with this system?
A17. We do not have a complete manual at this time. This system is completly plug and play so it installs in a similar fashion to our single pump system and hotwire harness. There are a few additional items which are covered in our support forum and labeled on the harness. Most common questions are already addressed in our forum. It is a very simple system to install.

Q-SPEC. What are the performance specs of the DP system?
A-SPEC. These are the typical specs using two Walbro 255LPH pumps (model GSS294M):
500LPH @ 43.5PSI @ 13.5V @ 15.9A
425LPH @ 58.0PSI @ 13.5V @ 18.5A
625LPH @ 43.5PSI @ 16.0V @ 17.6A
577LPH @ 58.0PSI @ 16.0V @ 20.6A
345LPH @ 80.0PSI @ 13.5V @ 23.4A
432LPH @ 80.0PSI @ 16.0V @ 26.2A