New Project

well actually Dave... it is not, it weighs about 5500#. Jeff and I just ended a "dock bar" night early with a holed piston on the way over (arrow points to the front, I double checked) and that is a no shi**er! Limped it back on 7 cyls smoking like a 2 stroke!!!! Too much boost,not enough fuel,too much timing. I am an amateur marine tuner and it shows, I know my boundries. Oh well, here comes the 540.

Shane, it wont idle below 8mph, I may have to install a hydraulic clam puller.:tongue:

Did you check the pressure reference line going to the regulator? :eek:

The only reason I've been following is this post is to wait for the shti slinging to start...hehehehehe.

Took way longer than I expected but I just popped some popcorn so I can really enjoy it... Ding Ding Ding...Round 1.

Names would be good Dave. If I'm associated with it I can then tell you why!!!

Not sure where YOUR name was brought up.:confused: If I wanted an excuse WHY something you had your hands on didn't perform, I would just pull up any of your posts in the V8 section.

Shane should rename the V8 section "Dustys Excuse Book" I have to hand it to you there are some pretty good ones in there like greasey track, low voltage, wastegate, cam shaft, heads, traction control, boost controller etc.

P.S. Please stay out of this thread every time you show up the thread goes south.

I expect people to play nice. "Maybe not a realistic based on what I see =("
People that want to fight, talk sh*t or have a stroke fest can take it to PM or private e-mail.
If we as a group want threads to be productive and positive
let's not throw in shrouded insults toward other board members.
This thread has almost nothing to do with the TS first post.

Warning #1

On a personal note I am interested in hearing about this project and
it's progress, can we keep the BS out of it?

Not sure where YOUR name was brought up.:confused: If I wanted an excuse WHY something you had your hands on didn't perform, I would just pull up any of your posts in the V8 section.

Shane should rename the V8 section "Dustys Excuse Book" I have to hand it to you there are some pretty good ones in there like greasey track, low voltage, wastegate, cam shaft, heads, traction control, boost controller etc.

P.S. Please stay out of this thread every time you show up the thread goes south.

That's what I thought. You have nothing to back up your post concerning the mystery guy swapping from Chance to PTC.

Check the updates in the V8 section if you haven't already. 144.5 mph on it's 3rd pass....I know you never have any bugs to work out

I expect people to play nice. "Maybe not a realistic based on what I see =("
People that want to fight, talk sh*t or have a stroke fest can take it to PM or private e-mail.
If we as a group want threads to be productive and positive
let's not throw in shrouded insults toward other board members.
This thread has almost nothing to do with the TS first post.

Warning #1

On a personal note I am interested in hearing about this project and
it's progress, can we keep the BS out of it?

John,

Thanks for stepping in, I would also like to keep this thread on track.

I stopped by Micks on Friday and dropped off the package.:biggrin:

>>> Dave,

Any new pics, videos, texts, sketches, etch-a-sketch art, spin art, charcol, water color, spyrographs you can share with us before Cecil? I hope so as I would like to get some type of a sneak preview in 2 weeks rather than having to wait till next year.

>>> Dave,

Any new pics, videos, texts, sketches, etch-a-sketch art, spin art, charcol, water color, spyrographs you can share with us before Cecil? I hope so as I would like to get some type of a sneak preview in 2 weeks rather than having to wait till next year.

Dave doesnt waste any time:biggrin:

Attachments

• bam.jpg
    bam.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 137
Can't keep anything secret from you can we? :biggrin:

Billy,

If you ever stop building great racecars I think a career being a detective awaits you. Anderson Detective Agency, it's got a nice ring to it. Can you imagine Jeff snooping around your house at night with a flashlight peeking in your window.... That’s a scary thought! Lockup your kids, lockup your wife, Jeff's snoop'in in the night…

Art.