New Product: The ISAC

Isac

Here's an easy way to make cheap mounting brackets for it with simple parts, ie. hardware store brackets about $4, a hammer, and a metal surface I used a large vise to do bends and hammer on. Simple blacksmith work.

I'm sure the showcar pros could do them in hammered copper or gold plate. :eek: :p

3" I believe right angle brackets one side rebent to go around the ISAC the other bent upwards slightly to slide into the gray material under the radio pod.

Mine holds without any screws and doesn't slide anywhere mostly due to all the wires from the harnesses behind it.

Had to drill the mounting holes to match the existing case screws and they were reused with some star lock washers. Easy stuff.

They could be painted black and wouldn't be noticed at all even from a side view, but then again I'm rarely down on the passenger floor looking around at the radio pod. ;)

Oh yea, the coil cord and most of the dirt is gone another plus of installing an all in one product. :cool:

ISACandbracketsonhood.jpg

ISACbottomviewbrackets.jpg

ISACsideviewbracketsonhood.jpg

ISACmountedcloseup.jpg

No offense but why have such a high tech alky controller with such an obsolete radio/8 track/tape deck or whatever that is :p

It happens to be the TOP OF THE LINE, pre-amp. only Kenwood with first generation CD controller and all the bells and whistles such as a great tuner with excellent noise reduction and sensitivity, and a cassette player that plays my Nakamichi dragon tapes that have better fidelity than ANY MP3 ever will. :p

" or whatever that is "

I assume that was the extent of YOUR knowledge of my sound system. :rolleyes:

It was a $500 unit back then, I've never had a problem with it either, and of course it has a nice remote control for the major functions. :cool:

High tech. also means longevity of use to me, my turntable is from 1968 and has performed flawlessly with it's 1977 arm and 1995 cartridge.

8 tracks were almost never considered for high fidelity.

Back the ISAC it is high tech., compact, easy to use, and should last a long time but that testing has only just begun, I'm certainly able to say that the Kenwood has passed that test. :smile:

i.e.

It happens to be the TOP OF THE LINE, pre-amp. only Kenwood with first generation CD controller and all the bells and whistles such as a great tuner with excellent noise reduction and sensitivity, and a cassette player that plays my Nakamichi dragon tapes that have better fidelity than ANY MP3 ever will. :p

" or whatever that is "

I assume that was the extent of YOUR knowledge of my sound system. :rolleyes:

It was a $500 unit back then, I've never had a problem with it either, and of course it has a nice remote control for the major functions. :cool:

High tech. also means longevity of use to me, my turntable is from 1968 and has performed flawlessly with it's 1977 arm and 1995 cartridge.

8 tracks were almost never considered for high fidelity.

Back the ISAC it is high tech., compact, easy to use, and should last a long time but that testing has only just begun, I'm certainly able to say that the Kenwood has passed that test. :smile:

Calm down, I was joking. It brought back memories of back in the day when those were high tech units. Kenwood is definitely good $hit. I just noticed the tape deck and thought it was cute :p

My first tape deck was a kenwood similar to that. Clean as any head unit made back then:cool:

O. :p

It's still high tech. tons of buttons I don't use. ;)

It's very flexible just like the ISAC. :cool:

whats the model number on that kenwood...i think i had a krc 940 or something like that.

i switched to alpine and never looked back

On a side topic, (the ISAC.....lol) I just got mine the other day, looks like it should be some fun! Thanks Jay!