NEW! Precision Turbo PW46 External Wastegate.

sweet lookin gate you guys are on top of things as usual nice job and great info patric:cool:

got my in yesterday and man this thing is sweet looking. very smooth inside the body, came with multiple springs,very nice vband clamps, and just looks good ! i cant wait to get it installed. thanks for making it affordable instead of 500 bucks

Dear Valued Customers,

It is with great pleasure that we are proud to announce, the release of our newest product, the PW46 external wastegate. These units feature a 46mm valve, and can be used in a wide variety of applications. They can be used in any kit or setup that currently utilizes a v-band style 44mm gate, (Tial, Turbosmart, etc) but will work best with the supplied inlet flange (the inside diameter of our flange is slightly larger than our competitors). The wastegates will be shipped with all the necessary hardware (flanges, clamps, springs, etc), and can accommodate a wide range of boost pressures (anywhere from 1.5PSI up to 25.5PSI). All units feature a black anodized billet aluminum wastegate cap, and a Kevlar reinforced silicone diaphragm. In addition, the unit features a five angle valve job, as well as five high temp 17-7 ph springs (more durable and can withstand higher temperatures before changing rate). Lastly, the PW46 is set up for a 1 3/4" pipe on the discharge side, and a 1 7/8" pipe on the inlet.

46mmwastegate.jpg

Wastegate011.jpg

EXPLODEDd.jpg

These units can be ordered under part number PBO085-2000, and will include all 5 springs. Also, they are currently available and ready to ship. For further information on this, or any of our other products, please feel free to give us a call.

Patrick
Precision Turbo
Level 2 Territory Sales Rep
219-996-7832

Will these work with twin 6262 turbos on a 4.6 l mod motor?

Patrick, is there a HP rating on this thing. I am thinking I need to go external for better boost control. Anyway, its got to be better than an HD internal gate right?

Thanks

John

Sorry John.
It's been going bananas over here.
At this time, the PW46 does not have a HP rating per say. As far as capabilities go, it would work very well all the way up to a single HP8884 turbo. (Aka: the TSO legal turbo formerly known as the billet HP4788)
This wastegate was specifically designed to be a direct bolt on replacement for a Tial 44mm wastegate. Meaning, if you have a downpipe that's made for a Tial 44mm, Turbosmart Hypergate 45, or other 44mm gates that have the same flange dimensions, it will bolt up. The PW46 gate includes all flanges, clamps and springs, as well as a complete instruction manual. It will work perfectly to control the boost on pretty much any Turbo V6 application. Especially if upgrading from an factory style internal wastegate setup.

novi2000,
Yes sir, two of these PW46 wastegates will work just fine on a Mod Motor 4.6L with twin 6262 turbos. Absolutely. It's funny you mention that setup as I had a customer call me today who is upgrading from twin 6152's on a 284 CI Cobra that put down 1020 to the wheels but wants more. This was a 3000# 2003 Cobra that ran 8.40's @ 160 with those older 61 turbos. They're shooting for 7's now. Ding, here ya go, twin 6765 DBB turbos. Anywho, sorry for the tangent. The only time you would need more wastegate that these, would be if you're trying to multi boost level, 2500hp + twin turbo outlaw 10.5 setup. At that point we would definitely need to step up the wastegate size. Currently that would be with two Tial 60mm gates. However, this is something we already have in the works.

Hope this helps a little.

Patrick