New Owner Of '86 GN

yamla_jatt806

Hello - I've been checking out this website for a few months, picking up knowledge about the GNs. I ended up purchasing a 1986 GN w/ ttops back in September, it is totally stock and runs pretty good. It does have rust issues all along the bottom of the car so I'm in the process of collecting rust free parts as listed in my signature. I'm learning a lot regarding these cars and happy to be part of this forum. Cheers - Jay

Congrats on picking it up. Seeing that the car has T-tops you might want to shop around for some braces to keep that body from twisting.

Turbo6 - what part of the body are the braces installed on?

there's different ones available, Kirban's Performance has them. I have so far purchased the bolt on bottom frame brace as well as the bolt on back seat brace for my ttop cat, and will install them as soon as I get it back from the shop. THere's also one that bolts on under the hood that I will be ordering soon.

Congratulations, and welcome to the buick community, but holy hell mate, "to replace both bumpers, quarters, fenders, trunk lid, & both doors." What on earth did you buy? You mean, you're in the process of collecting a whole new body. You didn't spend too much for this car did you?

Congratulations, and welcome to the buick community, but holy hell mate, "to replace both bumpers, quarters, fenders, trunk lid, & both doors." What on earth did you buy? You mean, you're in the process of collecting a whole new body. You didn't spend too much for this car did you?

I got a really good deal and the car runs great. Basically I'm planning to replace all parts that have even a little bit of rust as I'm planning to keep the car for a long time. The rear quarters are really the only parts that need to be replaced, the others can be fixed. But I figured I'll slowly collect all the parts and give the car a facelift.

We have plenty of rust free parts. We also sell patches for the lower door inner & outer.

Thanks Guys. I've got all the parts gathered except for doors & one fender.

I will check out gbodyparts.com for the door skins.

Did almost same thing. Don't skin it unless you know. Ibought2 doors,
Trunk lid. From gbody parts.WOund up same color no jams to mess with

Noobie discovery...since I totalled my daily driver Maxima last week, I have been driving the GN to and from work, I have noticed that it seems to be quicker in the colder weather than it was back in September. The temperature around here has been in the 20s & 30s. If this keeps up, the GN may end up being my winter car (just kidding).