New motor with bottom end noise

For what reason do you feel as though Weber should post on this subject again? So that you and others can continue to drag one of the few quality Buick engine shops through the mud. Weber has been building these engines for many years and have a good reputation for doing so.

The pictures speak volumes as to the condition of the engine when it was torn down. Has the OP had any of the clearances checked to see that they were out of spec? I doubt that he has since there have been no posting of any such data. If he has that info and there are issues with the tolerances then he has a legitimate gripe. I know that if it were mine I'd want to know exactly what caused the problem, so hopefully not to have it happen again. If it is just a case where he or someone else got there feelings hurt due to not getting the answer they thought they should hear, then that's just the way life is at times.

I recently had an engine built by Weber, they were always there to answer any questions that I had about the build, before and during and after. I'm sure that Bill got tired of me calling and asking questions. Bryan Weber and Dave Weber returned my calls on numerous occasions, with answers to my concerns. Also, I did not recieve a build sheet either, however I got all of the answers to anything that I had a concern about, component or tolerance. I am very satisfied with the results of my transaction with Weber, and when the need arises will probably do business with them again in the future.

They had everything set up and ready to measure to show the OP that everything was in spec. He however refused to see and loaded his parts up and left.

I have never recieved a build sheet, just a receipt. The only spec sheet I have ever gotten was for my pistons, because I spec'd them.

Now Weber is potentially losing customers because of one engine and a customer only telling part of the story.

That's a shame, that they aren't willing to state the facts. Or own up to something that was done incorrectly while assembling the remainder of the engine. Some people are out on a witch hunt regardless of what the facts are. Who do you believe and who can you trust these days? Something like this could happen any of the vendors or performance shops. You take a couple of people that have a case of the redass to start slurring you and your business, next thing your losing potential customers.

Weber has been professional in this case. They posted a statement along with several pictures that show various issues within the motor, and have left it at that.

Many years ago many people came together to condemn a perfect man. They found him guilty in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. They were offered one last chance to let him go but instead let a convicted murderer go free instead. If we could do this to Jesus we can easily do it to a mortal man. If we would all put,as Jesus did, the needs of others in front of our own needs these problems would all be taken care of under a vale of understanding forgiveness. The problem is that the devil lives among us. For those who don't understand what I am saying,I am saying this. Both sides are missing an opportunity to act in a way that would enhance and enrich the lives of the parties on both sides of this issue. If our number one concern is the satisfaction of the people on the other side of the issue the problems can't help but be solved. We're all guilty and still jump,head first,at any opportunity to judge others. We're all guilty of this but we can try harder if we stop and think on it for a while. When we enrich other peoples lives,God promises to enrich ours.

This is as tough as it gets!

Weber states because this problem is oil related, they inspected the oil pump drive shaft and there were no signs of any tooling used to prime the pump.

the customers says he primed the pump. I believe the customer.

Weber also says they torqued and checked each of the main and rod bearing clearances again after disassembly which resulted in all perfect tolerances. The oil passages were clear and the bearings, crankshaft and components show no sign of contamination. I believe Weber.

So the engine being starved of oil seems to be the problem but the cause is still a mystery?

Something is missing here or being left out by someone.

There isn't enough here to put the blame on anyone.

Weber did offer to repair the damage at a steeply reduced price.

I don't see that as them admitting to any guilt, it's just them trying to do the right thing because that is who they are and also the exposure on this site.

They have tried to help and it doesn't appear that they should eat the whole thing.

They've said their peace.

Like i said, this is as tough as it gets.

D

They had everything set up and ready to measure to show the OP that everything was in spec. He however refused to see and loaded his parts up and left.

I have never recieved a build sheet, just a receipt. The only spec sheet I have ever gotten was for my pistons, because I spec'd them.

Now Weber is potentially losing customers because of one engine and a customer only telling part of the story.
if a girl breaks ur heart you gonna stick around to find out the reasons? they told him 4-5 weeks...it ended up being 3 months. they gave him wrong pushrods first try...motor craps out during break-in driving, they basically told him he's an idiot and wouldnt even let him speak to the boss after spending 5grand plus!!!! THATS WHY THE OP LEFT! i'm takin up for the man cause he's a great friend and he was wronged..it was business until weber made it personal...they need to answer for that!!!!! When its not black and white it should be on the business, not the customer.. i think a lot of the consensus here is there is a lot of gray area. thsis is all coulda been avoided if the engine builder manned up to his boss and said he effed up. instead he now is costing his boss more business for being a irresponsible employee. at worst they would have not made a profit if they fixed what was wrong instead they are looking at losing thousands!!! very stupid IMO. if it was my business and i was looking at this i would say "you know, maybe we were wrong, maybe he was wrong but either way this man has broken motor and thats one less GN on the road..lets do the right thing and get this car up and running in good faith to the buick community" thats what its about man..the cars. we all supposed to be this together. thats the reason the OP went with weber in the first place, he was tryin to support a sponsor whos done a lot in the TR community. Us pittsburgh boys have spent a heck of a lot money with sponsors ( g-body parts, kirban, full throttle, cotton, etc) pittsburgh is a small big city so if someone got messed on a deal you can be sure everyone else from the area is gonna know. being that cleveland is close in distance to pgh it wasn't a good idea to start a bad rep with a decent size TR community in ur potential customer area.
Many years ago many people came together to condemn a perfect man. They found him guilty in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. They were offered one last chance to let him go but instead let a convicted murderer go free instead. If we could do this to Jesus we can easily do it to a mortal man. If we would all put,as Jesus did, the needs of others in front of our own needs these problems would all be taken care of under a vale of understanding forgiveness. The problem is that the devil lives among us. For those who don't understand what I am saying,I am saying this. Both sides are missing an opportunity to act in a way that would enhance and enrich the lives of the parties on both sides of this issue. If our number one concern is the satisfaction of the people on the other side of the issue the problems can't help but be solved. We're all guilty and still jump,head first,at any opportunity to judge others. We're all guilty of this but we can try harder if we stop and think on it for a while. When we enrich other peoples lives,God promises to enrich ours.
i'm a religious man myself but the Lord got nothing to do with this. :) the OP was at the mercy of engine builder.. they decided his intial money spent wasn't good enough and when their work came back they insulted him to the point where it was better to walk away minus the money and a working motor than to go down to their level.

blown up

Jesus i thought he was talking about shawn when first read......lol first boostjunkie now weber who's next....get over it......neeexxxxxxxttttttt build bigger better version comon whats couple grand wit friends:d:d

fix

Weber being in business as a machine shop (engine builder) IMO could have absorbed the cost of the repair a lot easier then the OP not saying it's their fault or anything.I wasn't there when it first fired so nobody knows except the op.Things happen from time to time it's Murphy's law.IMO it would have been in weber's best interest to have just fixed it.It didn't have to be a emission of guilt just fix it. It would have been cheaper in the long run.( the lost of business that this thread will created) .I've bought parts from them crank, bearings etc. after reading this I'd really have to reconsider buying again.I know the famous last words all to well no guarantee on race parts

they gave him wrong pushrods first try...motor craps out during break-in driving, they basically told him he's an idiot i guess this is how the pushrod got bent!!! no?

No valves were bent thats just the way the pic looks from the angle it was taken at. I never fired the motor with the incorrect push rods they gave me. Thank god the heads are ok.

All I know is that weber should of sucked it up and throw a new set of bearings in the motor and what ever else needed to be done .instead now they will probablly lose 95% of there buisness because of this that's a poor buisness man period nice going weber racing you might as well put the key in the door because your name is branded :eek:

Got a standard/standard crank this weekend. On my way to getting it back together.

glad to hear jason!!! my car is on the outs. finally turned up the boost to 22 and hurt the tranny. i guess the power was to much. it is slipping when it kicks down from 3rd to 2nd. did get one pull out of it and man it pulled like a draft horse.

Jason

Be sure to check the rods to make sure they are not out of round. most defiantly the rod that had the bearing fail.

Iam gonna have them resized and arp bolts this time. Iam probaly gonna wait till the winter to take it to the machine shop so i can put aside some cash for this.

Hey Stagemonster, I feel bad for you regarding your outcome with your new build. :( It also saddens me that it was Weber. :(:(. I guess this was a mishap people have been waiting on to bash them, like they do all vendors. :rolleyes: This community is funny like that. :eek: Good luck on your new endevor!

Hey Stagemonster, I feel bad for you regarding your outcome with your new build. :( It also saddens me that it was Weber. :(:(. I guess this was a mishap people have been waiting on to bash them, like they do all vendors. :rolleyes: This community is funny like that. :eek: Good luck on your new endevor!

This community doesn't "wait" for a mishaps to bash a vendor. You think we want to see someone spend money with a vendor and get poor results or products? You're entitled to your own opinion of what happened, but please don't make a comments about the community as a whole in a negative light since you really don't have anything to back up such a statement.:smile:

This community doesn't "wait" for a mishaps to bash a vendor. You think we want to see someone spend money with a vendor and get poor results or products? You're entitled to your own opinion of what happened, but please don't make a comments about the community as a whole in a negative light since you really don't have anything to back up such a statement.:smile:

Are you kidding me? To answer your question, yes, I think "some" do. I haven't been here as long as you but I'm not a FNG on this site. I've read countless threads where this happens. Please don't tell me you don't see this. Or, are you just playing blind? They ask to "out" the vendor, only to try and bash. Hell, it even happened to me with a thread I started about my transmission woes. They asked to out the person but I refuesed. I was sent pm's asking to out the vendor so they can slam him. My proof is in all the threads that end up like this one. :rolleyes: Post # 40 and # 41 should have summed it all up. How can you tell me I have an opinion of what happened and then tell me I can't have one about this community? (Rhetorical):confused: Before you try and make this a pissin contest I will not paticipate.:eek: