New motor with bottom end noise

What did your new engine builder say was wrong with it? I showed this thread to an R&D engineer I work with and he showed me some key things on the rod where the bearing went to copper. He felt that particular rod wasn't machined correctly. Just his opinion. Load portion of the bearing had less wear than the sides revealing that the side to side measurement/clearances appeared to be too tight. Naturally the load portion didn't look good but was probably messed up from side to side bearing issue wiping the bearing.

What did your new engine builder say was wrong with it? I showed this thread to an R&D engineer I work with and he showed me some key things on the rod where the bearing went to copper. He felt that particular rod wasn't machined correctly. Just his opinion. Load portion of the bearing had less wear than the sides revealing that the side to side measurement/clearances appeared to be too tight. Naturally the load portion didn't look good but was probably messed up from side to side bearing issue wiping the bearing.
Funny you say that and thats the exact cause thats the same story iam getting from the people that have looked at it.

Iam done with this thread ive cut my losses and ive moved on. Fixed motor will be in the car by spring and i will let u know how it goes.

iam done with this thread ive cut my losses and ive moved on. Fixed motor will be in the car by spring and i will let u know how it goes.
sooooo for $1,500.00 you can get it fixed???i'm sure the the orig builder could have repaired this for less(internal cost) and had a happy customer...was it worth all this???

That blows. I rebuilt my top end because of worn off cam lobes and cracked header. After a bunch of trials and tribulations finally got it started and then on initial drive I spun 3 bearings. Block is at machine shop now. Hope I don't have same problems. Sorry to hear about yours. Your right there's a lot of us having a bad summer. Haven't drove her since June.

i hear about bad luck. i had a brand new tranny break just cruising 45mph no boost. loud boom and now no gears. well 1200 bucks later i have to install full billet and roller parts. it never ends

Fixed motor will be in the car by spring and i will let u know how it goes.

I wonder why it will take till spring before "Pittsburghs #1 Turbo Buick Mechanic" can get the car running again.. Wonder why he isn't chompin on the bit to have some fun with his NEW set up.:p

Engine builders can walk on water, in their mind. Their disclaimer speaks loud and clear, everyone lies but them, everyone makes mistakes but them, ask them! I learned the hard way almost fifty years ago (actually 48). Stagemonster, just move on with your journey in life, hopefully this will never happen again. They are not worth the bother.

I wonder why it will take till spring before "Pittsburghs #1 Turbo Buick Mechanic" can get the car running again.. Wonder why he isn't chompin on the bit to have some fun with his NEW set up.:p

got to get some money together before i can get it all back together. I wish i had the cash to do it now but i have other bills that are more important at this time.

not doubting my boys abilities with these cars but whole thing is an inside joke with the pittsburgh guys.. long story, not worth the time or going down that road.

ya it is funny being a #1 mechanic BUT if ya have that ...well guys are goin to jump on it when the #1 mechanic has car problems. :p

I will say this. I have never heard a ENGINE BUILDER say it's their mistake and never will. Most of them take your money and when it brakes it they take more of your HARD EARNED money. I call this FREE MONEY because most don't stand behind ****. I spent 14 grand on my wifes engine it made it 147 miles this year. I'm Done ****ing around with WANT A BE engine builders. Only ONE will do mine now.