New Mobile Apps

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
I have submitted the new Android app to the Google Play store and expect it to be available in the next couple of hours. If you search for it, there will be two of them. One will be the old Forum Runner app and will be listed as such. Thats the one you DONT want.

The new IOS app shouldnt be far behind and will come up as an update to your existing app. On 5/1, I will disable all Forum Runner support from the board.

The Android app has been submitted.

The IOS version should be submitted in the next 24 hours. You will notice the version number of the upgrade is below the version you have now. That's to be expected.

Now I need to update the plugin for the forum.. guess Ill do that now too.

Why can't both forumrunner and tapatalk be supported?
Because $1000 a year is too much to spend on mobile apps honestly.

Forum Runner is on the downslide since the author sold it to Internet Brands.

The IOS app has been submitted as well. I believe it takes Apple a few days to approve the software but when its done, you guys with IOS devices should see an update available.

What would be the best procedure to install the new app?

Download and install the new app, will the new app override the old one.

Or

Erasing the old app first then downloading the new one.

Thanks

New app will over write the old one.

Just download new app.

You have to manually delete old app or you will have both apps running.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You must have the Android version. That is true. Its because we dont "own" the old mobile app and I dont want to ask the company that does to remove it until the iPhone version goes live as that version will be an upgrade.

JayC said:
The IOS app has been submitted as well. I believe it takes Apple a few days to approve the software but when its done, you guys with IOS devices should see an update available.

JAY C,

Do you have a status of the iPhone app? It has not come out as an update yet. My phone is jailbroke and can load apps without iTunes app store. Wondering if I could get the update?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

JAY C,

Do you have a status of the iPhone app? It has not come out as an update yet. My phone is jailbroke and can load apps without iTunes app store. Wondering if I could get the update?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Maybe you can help me out. If I send you the app, can you send me some screenshots of it back? Thats the holdup. I dont have any way to take screenshots for IOS.

Ohhhhkay... thanks to CGASTON, Ive submitted new screenshots to the Apple Store and the app is once again awaiting approval. I dont see any reason this time it shouldnt go through. I built the IOS app without having a device to test it on so I was happy to see the colors, etc turned out like I was hoping.

I tried to load it several times. It would load to my phone. I used iFile, Safari downloader, and even iFunbox. Always gave me an error at 70% install. Thinking it was UDID problem. Wish I could have been better help and got the thing to install so you could see it from and iPhone 5. If your still interested then let me know and maybe we can try it again. You have my ID.

Clint

Oops.. it was ChrisK.. he was able to get it to load without issue. Odd...

Either way, its in the IOS store and pending so hopefully it will push to everyone. Im uploading a new version of the Android app now. Once the IOS app is approved, Ill update it as well. I dont want to upset the apple cart right now.

Thanks to both of you guys for helping out. Clint, if you think you got a bad copy, Ill be happy to send you another.