New Methanol kit installed----wow!!!!

jnaarnold

johnarnoldphotography.net
I put together my own Methanol injection together from this website (http://www.turbomirage.com/water-alcohol-injection-installation-instructions.html). I am amazed how much this has brought the Buick alive! I have absolutely zero knock now and feel like I have added 50 horsepower! I should have done this sooner. It also amazes me how cheap and easy it was to install. I have around $150.00 in the whole thing. I am running approximately 18 pounds boost. I used to get around .7 KR at shift and at the top of third gear. This has been completely eliminated. I do have a few things I want to add like a few LED's to know when I am spraying. It took about 3 hours to install, but could have taken a lot less...I am just a detail oriented person I guess.
John

18#.....Sounds like a start. Check back, and let us know when you get to serious boost, say 26#.;)

I would say the jury is still out on that homemade kit....Many are running 18lbs with no alky kit...Good luck I hope it works out for ya!!

Like I said, I just installed. Plans are to head up to around 22-23 psi. Wanting to play it safe..lol. I want to first make sure I am reliable injecting, which I feel I am. I never said I would stay at 18...you guys are tough..lol

Sent from my MB855 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Like I said, I just installed. Plans are to head up to around 22-23 psi. Wanting to play it safe..lol. I want to first make sure I am reliable injecting, which I feel I am. I never said I would stay at 18...you guys are tough..lol

Sent from my MB855 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app
Not "tough"....Just have seen many 18# tunes run wthout alky, that's all.

How much boost are you running in your setup?
I'm at 27lbs on average, but I have a couple lbs of boost spike so it flucuates between 27-29 but for the most part stays around 27 to 28.....That's straight meth and 93 octane with the pac controller to their factory settings and the gain knob about 6.5 on Julio's Alky Control Kit....

This should be interesting. Im curious on the longevity and the performance of this. Keep this thread updated with some performance gains. The numbers that I've seen from Julio's kit I've yet to see with anything else. Im all about saving, but not saving for a new motor. Lol

This should be interesting. Im curious on the longevity and the performance of this. Keep this thread updated with some performance gains. The numbers that I've seen from Julio's kit I've yet to see with anything else. Im all about saving, but not saving for a new motor. Lol
Longvity and performance of what? boost and Alky ? How many times do you want to run 10's ?

Longvity and performance of what? boost and Alky ? How many times do you want to run 10's ?
I think he is questioning my home built kit. I have almost everything the name brand kits have....ShurFlo pump, high quality solenoid, high quality pressure sensor, top rate nozzle and plumbing. The only thing I don't have is a progressive controller. Like I said before, I am still working the kinks out. It comes on when and how I want it to, sprays when it is supposed to and stops when it is supposed to. It completely controls knock. I am adding timing and boost (psi) little by little. I am up to 24 psi right now. I am wanting to get to the track on Thursday night, but my daughters volleyball team is in the state championship...no way am I going to miss that! I really think the biggest thing holding me back is tires. The BFG radials on it now will not suffice. Hopefully I will get some drag radials soon. I also plan to work together my own progressive controller. It's not because I like to gamble, I just like doing what I can do. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the input.
John

to me the progressive controller is very important for a street car.not knocking you,i was running a homemade one years and years ago,then went with the alkycontrol setup and the car went a lot faster and ran better and was much easier to tune.

I hope your pulling plugs and have a wideband,since getting into higher boost ranges you need to be on your game.

I think he is questioning my home built kit. I have almost everything the name brand kits have....ShurFlo pump, high quality solenoid, high quality pressure sensor, top rate nozzle and plumbing. The only thing I don't have is a progressive controller. Like I said before, I am still working the kinks out. It comes on when and how I want it to, sprays when it is supposed to and stops when it is supposed to. It completely controls knock. I am adding timing and boost (psi) little by little. I am up to 24 psi right now. I am wanting to get to the track on Thursday night, but my daughters volleyball team is in the state championship...no way am I going to miss that! I really think the biggest thing holding me back is tires. The BFG radials on it now will not suffice. Hopefully I will get some drag radials soon. I also plan to work together my own progressive controller. It's not because I like to gamble, I just like doing what I can do. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the input.
John

I commend your hands on approach but in the end you will get there faster with Julio... and cheaper.

How does one get kit from julio?
www.alkycontrol.com

Julio has spent lots of time, hours, and testing into his products. I'm not knocking anyone wanting to build their own kit however why try to re-invent the wheel?? Alkycontrol and done for me!! The extra money is worth it to me and it goes to support an active member and vendor from the site

Ok, I'll reiterate Vador1's question albeit a bit differently, who is Julio (vendor?). As a newbie that's the minimal extent of my ignorance, sorry, trying to learn here ;-)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok, I'll reiterate Vador1's question albeit a bit differently, who is Julio (vendor?). As a newbie that's the minimal extent of my ignorance, sorry, trying to learn here ;-)

No problem.... Julio is the person who sells the complete alky system for the turbo regal and other makes.. Visit his website as he has lot of information on there. He is on here if you search the username (Razor) and send him a PM.

Plus....I have about 6 accounts where I either texted him, called on his cell after hours and he picked up, answered and guided me through some tuning points related with his control unit and not. One of the nicest helpful persons I have come across. That is definitely worth some coin to me.

www.alkycontrol.com

Julio has spent lots of time, hours, and testing into his products. I'm not knocking anyone wanting to build their own kit however why try to re-invent the wheel?? Alkycontrol and done for me!! The extra money is worth it to me and it goes to support an active member and vendor from the site
Thank you also in the learning process :)