New member from Ohio

JustABuick

Hello, all! This is my first post on the site. In October 2012, at the Buick GS Nationals, I purchased a roller 1987 Buick Turbo T. The car is from Alabama, and has no rust. The owner had a child on the way, and was willing to negotiate, and because the body was in such good shape, I couldn't resist. I have loved these cars since I was 15, and this is my first turbo Buick . I am aware that these cars can be very complex, and by no means am I a mechanic, so as I build the car I hope to find advice and tips on the forum. I am not looking for a 9 second Buick, or a pro touring car; just a nice, reliable cruiser for the street that I can occasionally take to the track. I am about to graduate from college this spring, so I hope to have more money I can dedicate to it. I look forward to talking to you all! attached is a picture...

87 Turbo T.jpg

I am not looking for a 9 second Buick, or a pro touring car; just a nice, reliable cruiser for the street that I can occasionally take to the track.

Famous last words.:D Soon you'll be strung out on boost like the rest of us junkies.:eek: Nice looking ride. Lots of good info and great people here. Let us know if you have any questions.Welcome to the site and happy spooling. Mike Barnard

Nice car to start with with, lots of turbo cars here in ohio to learn from. Enjoy, and like spoolfool said you will be hooked on boost like the rest of us!

I am not looking for a 9 second Buick, or a pro touring car; just a nice, reliable cruiser for the street that I can occasionally take to the track.

Famous last words.:D Soon you'll be strung out on boost like the rest of us junkies.:eek: Nice looking ride. Lots of good info and great people here. Let us know if you have any questions.Welcome to the site and happy spooling. Mike Barnard

Thanks! Yes, I've heard that's how it goes--once you get a taste, you're hooked! :)

Nice car to start with with, lots of turbo cars here in ohio to learn from. Enjoy, and like spoolfool said you will be hooked on boost like the rest of us!

Thank you. I'm starting to see more and more turbo buicks, usually where I least expect them!

Good to see another one running around c-bus. Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome! Whereabouts are you from?? Unfortunately, she's not out running around yet, as I still need to find an engine and transmission :(

Hilliard area. Are you around groveport/obetz? I have a motor apart taking up space if you're interested. Pm me if interested. Clean looking T!

Hilliard area. Are you around groveport/obetz? I have a motor apart taking up space if you're interested. Pm me if interested. Clean looking T!

I'm around Lancaster, but I drive through groveport/obetz on my way to work. I would be interested in that, PM sent, and thanks

.....triple post. due to site errors. haven't been on in 4 days, guess it still isn't working right?

From Dayton-Xenia Area welcome!!! We have some locals that get together occationally and do track night and lie night