New member and Buick Owner

87PearlRegal

In need of a better title
Just purchased a great starter car. 1987 standard Regal (NA v6 completely stock) with only 73k on the odometer. Was in a barn in Dayton, OH for the last 13 years and can't wait to spend some money on this ride. Looking to build my own TR with this body and hit the strip in 2 years. Any help on the transition would be greatly appreciated.

I will be starting with suspension and brakes, then into the drivetrain and engine. Looking at the Hotchkis TVS system to keep the car straight and Baer for the stopping power. I have found a brand spankin new block on T/A Perfomance and want to build a 400-500hp turbo street/strip sleeper. From there its just a matter of time and $$$.

Sounds like a nice project...Post some pics once you get started with your build...

pics

Here is what I ended up with. Cost me only 2800.

Attachments

• 1202001646c.jpg
    1202001646c.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 1202001646b.jpg
    1202001646b.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 1202001644a.jpg
    1202001644a.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 154
Welcome to the site, looks like it will be a cool project! If we can help you with the suspension or baer brakes let us know.

Scot W.

A total sleeper. I would not want to be the Viper owner that gets his ass handed to him by that.:eek::D

Welcome, and keep us in the loop.

Mike Barnard

save some $$ all next year and hit the for sale section.....its a madhouse in there during Dec:cool:...it will keep the cost down if your on anykind of budget. gl with project white:)

Thanks for all the feedback

Hey I appreciate all the new communication that I have received and will look forward to in the future. Speaking of which, who knows if my VIN code A V6 could be used instead of buying a whole new engine w/ turbo setup? Haven't seen much information on these blocks online and want to know where to go from here. I would like to think it could be rebuilt into a Turbo-T but with the distributor in the front and intake/accessories in a different setup I am not holding my breath.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1116.jpg
    IMG_1116.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 102
87 should have the 109 block casting in it and might have the 8445 heads as well. A very good start but you will need better pistons and the turbo specific crank would be a good idea. If you want to go SFI then you need a cam sensor not a distributor. The injected engines are a little different but you could use a draw through system on it without to many mods.