New GOLD Standard

Below follow my findings based on what I have seen over the last few months. These are real sales and are not meant to offend anyone (Turbo Buick people almost always get offended when someone tells them their car is worth less than what they think it is worth).

List follows below:

700 mile GN - $29,900 (Based on Kirban's recent sale)
1000 - 5000 mi - $22,000
6000 - 9000 mi - $20,000
10,000 - 15,000 mi - $14,000 - $18,000
16,000 - 19,000 mi - $13,000 - $16,000
20,000 - 29,000 mi - $13,000 - $15,000
30,000 - 40,000 mi - $10,000 - $12,000

These are the lowest #'s I have seen in the respective categories. Please feel free to chime in with what you are seeing out there.

Obviously modified cars differ greatly, but the above is for clean stockish type cars.

This is a joke. These are like early '90s prices..(and mileage)

The GN Kirban was selling with 700 miles he was asking $37k for it..

The GN I mentioned earlier with 43k miles with the old man was a car that was literally only driven to local car shows and in sunny weather since 1987. (we have a lot of shows around here)

There's also another local who's selling a freshly restored '87 GN with 60k miles on it for $25k....and he was basically bragging about the fact that it had those miles on it, until I told him that's what mines had. :biggrin:

Where did you find these numbers anyway? With these cars being 22-23 years old, FINDING one with LESS than 40k miles is something to be proud of. I remember back in the early '90s people were bragging how thier Turbo Buicks only had 20k miles on them and these were mint, stock, show quality cars too...

There are people asking $40k for low mileage, mint, stock '96 Impala SS's for Christ sakes, and according to some value guides, they're worth it..

Get a clue..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2 cents

I also feel your "suggested" prices are a bit low.
I know it depends on condition and over all look.
but on average, I feel add 5k across the board would be more in line with current pricing, now next yr, who knows?

This is a joke. These are like early '90s prices..(and mileage)

The GN Kirban was selling with 700 miles he was asking $37k for it..

The GN I mentioned earlier with 43k miles with the old man was a car that was literally only driven to local car shows and in sunny weather since 1987. (we have a lot of shows around here)

There's also another local who's selling a freshly restored '87 GN with 60k miles on it for $25k....and he was basically bragging about the fact that it had those miles on it, until I told him that's what mines had. :biggrin:

Where did you find these numbers anyway? With these cars being 22-23 years old, FINDING one with LESS than 40k miles is something to be proud of. I remember back in the early '90s people were bragging how thier Turbo Buicks only had 20k miles on them and these were mint, stock, show quality cars too...

There are people asking $40k for low mileage, mint, stock '96 Impala SS's for Christ sakes, and according to some value guides, they're worth it..

Get a clue..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only one that needs to get a clue here buddy is you. The #'s I posted are of recent sales. Moreover, the Kirban GN sold for $29,900, NOT $37K.

As we all know, it doesn't matter what someone is asking for a car, only what the car ultimately sells for.

$40K for a 96 Impala SS :rolleyes:

i dont know where youre getting your figures from either.

of course, once in a while a victim of the economy will give away a low mile car,
but on average, youre about 5k$ low across the board.

but if you know where to find correct stock examples of 30-40k mile
86-87 grand nationals not needing paint, for 10 to 12k$,
then by all means let us know.

here is recent ebay history, of ONLY grand nationals with lower miles, and ONLY reserve met or best offer accepted sales.

and that's not to mention the many high mileage cars that fall into the price range of what you seem to think a 30-40k mile gn sells for...

1985 (with hot air engine mind you)
58,717 miles
Sold As Best Offer $13,613.00
Sep-02 16:19

38,800 miles
4 Bids $15,000.00
Sep-07 18:51\

41,500 miles
28 Bids
Sold $18,000.00
Sep-07 09:41

1985 (had 87 engine)
52,000 miles
1 Bid
Sold $13,500.00
Aug-30 18:38

(( these two below are the only ones that fall into place with your "findings" ))

25 Bids
Sold $17,500.00
Aug-30 09:18

16,075 miles
26 Bids
Sold $14,100.00
Aug-27 12:21

i dont know where youre getting your figures from either.

of course, once in a while a victim of the economy will give away a low mile car,
but on average, youre about 5k$ low across the board.

but if you know where to find correct stock examples of 30-40k mile
86-87 grand nationals not needing paint, for 10 to 12k$,
then by all means let us know.

here is recent ebay history, of ONLY grand nationals with lower miles, and ONLY reserve met or best offer accepted sales.

and that's not to mention the many high mileage cars that fall into the price range of what you seem to think a 30-40k mile gn sells for...

1985 (with hot air engine mind you)
58,717 miles
Sold As Best Offer $13,613.00
Sep-02 16:19

38,800 miles
4 Bids $15,000.00
Sep-07 18:51\

41,500 miles
28 Bids
Sold $18,000.00
Sep-07 09:41

1985 (had 87 engine)
52,000 miles
1 Bid
Sold $13,500.00
Aug-30 18:38

(( these two below are the only ones that fall into place with your "findings" ))

25 Bids
Sold $17,500.00
Aug-30 09:18

16,075 miles
26 Bids
Sold $14,100.00
Aug-27 12:21

Don't forget about the Kirban car that sold for $29,900.

Moreover, I never said I found all my results on Ebay, just a few of them.

I am simply stating what I have seen as of late. Economy is not that great and I am sure a few of these cars were fire sales, but the bottom line is they sold for that #.

Don't forget about the Kirban car that sold for $29,900.

Moreover, I never said I found all my results on Ebay, just a few of them.

I am simply stating what I have seen as of late. Economy is not that great and I am sure a few of these cars were fire sales, but the bottom line is they sold for that #.

Why are you not buying all these cars your coming across for the prices you state they are being offered for?

Not sure if you are still in the market, but I've seen you post WTB ads for the last 2+ years. Perhaps you are not finding what you are looking for because your idea of the market is well below true market value even in these difficult economical times :confused:

If you continue to come across any others for the prices you are seeing that don't suit your needs, please post them up so myself and others can take advantage of those steals. Don't need anymore cars, but a steal is a steal. ;)

Just sold my '87 GN with 43,000 miles in excellent condition (seriously, could pass for 4300 miles), mid level mods (low 12's), with original parts included for $22,300. As many of you can easily understand...I had quite a bit more invested, but feel this was a fair price. Truly nice cars will always bring good money.

Amen to that - I'm waiting here patiently

And should bump up my fire sale price ;-)

BUT, realistically, how many super low mile cars in excellent condition are really out there?

First you must consider that these are relatively low production cars

I may be off but memory serves 22,000 GNs in 87 alone plus 6,000 or so TurboTs that year. Thats not low production. My 06 Intimidator SS Pickup is LOW production - one of 933. But even at 933 that's an average 19 per state!

28k Buicks in 87 means 560 per state?

Wait - this doesn't sound right...:eek:

Why are you not buying all these cars your coming across for the prices you state they are being offered for?

Not sure if you are still in the market, but I've seen you post WTB ads for the last 2+ years. Perhaps you are not finding what you are looking for because your idea of the market is well below true market value even in these difficult economical times :confused:

If you continue to come across any others for the prices you are seeing that don't suit your needs, please post them up so myself and others can take advantage of those steals. Don't need anymore cars, but a steal is a steal. ;)

Do you have enough $$$ to buy EVERY good deal that you come across?

I have been looking for the ONE as far as Turbo Buicks are concerned and believe me when I tell you that I have been to look at numerous cars and have come across low mile and high mile junkers all across the country.

I tried to buy the Kirban car and corresponded with Dennis, but someone else beat me to it. That would have been my ideal car. The Turbo Buick prices were in my opinion overinflated. I have been looking to buy, but only if the right deal came along.

I have bought other cars recently where the prices in any other market would make your jaw drop. Deals are out there and Buicks are not immune. I am confidant that I will get what I am looking for. :biggrin:

Right now, there are PLENTY of right deals coming around, but you need to be very quick because the great deals are changing hands quickly

Only one that needs to get a clue here buddy is you. The #'s I posted are of recent sales. Moreover, the Kirban GN sold for $29,900, NOT $37K....

$40K for a 96 Impala SS :rolleyes:

Oh really? Here's the link (straight from the Kirban site)to the 710 mile '87 GN..REDUCED to $37k..

O'NEIL-KIRBAN BUICK- 1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL 710 MILES FOR SALE

And yes, as I was browsing through a collector car magazine at Barnes and Noble, $40k was the max., high value of a '96 Impala SS. It was also brought up by the woman who works at my bank, who owns one, who priced my Buick. Thanks. ;) :rolleyes:

Oh really? Here's the link (straight from the Kirban site)to the 710 mile '87 GN..REDUCED to $37k..

And yes, as I was browsing through a collector car magazine at Barnes and Noble, $40k was the max., high value of a '96 Impala SS. It was also brought up by the woman who works at my bank, who owns one, who priced my Buick. Thanks. ;) :rolleyes:

Listen buddy...I don't care if Kirban was asking a million dollars for his 700 mile GN. The fact is that it sold for $29,900 and that is the important number.

Seems like you have a good eye for investment quality vehicles. Why don't you go buy that $40K Impala SS. :rolleyes:

Listen buddy...I don't care if Kirban was asking a million dollars for his 700 mile GN. The fact is that it sold for $29,900 and that is the important number.

Seems like you have a good eye for investment quality vehicles. Why don't you go buy that $40K Impala SS. :rolleyes:

First of all, I'm not your fu*kin' buddy.

Secondly, who are you to come on here to make a post like this to us "Turbo Buick people" when you clearly don't even own one yourself. What's the point of this thread, anyway? To give us an "update" on how low people who actually own these cars are selling them for, given the unfortunate economy? You seem to have an "eye" for such fantastic deals for these cars, so why not just STFU and buy one already? On second thought, maybe you shouldn't, since you're probably one of those types who just buys them for "the investment" side of the hobby. :rolleyes:

First of all, I'm not your fu*kin' buddy.

Secondly, who are you to come on here to make a post like this to us "Turbo Buick people" when you clearly don't even own one yourself. What's the point of this thread, anyway? To give us an "update" on how low people who actually own these cars are selling them for, given the unfortunate economy? You seem to have an "eye" for such fantastic deals for these cars, so why not just STFU and buy one already? On second thought, maybe you shouldn't, since you're probably one of those types who just buys them for "the investment" side of the hobby. :rolleyes:

Wow...now you really hurt my feelings. I though we were buds :rolleyes:

I posted this because I think there are "Turbo Buick people", myself included that are interested in the current market for these cars. I have found lots of valuable information here over the years relative to parts and cars and I'm just trying to keep others informed as to the current state of affairs.

I think it is helpful information. Again, it is not meant to offend anyone, except maybe a redneck or two.

If you don't like the post, you are more than welcome to skip it and start your own post, like the "I would pay $40K for a 96 Impala SS" post. :p

Kirban listed that 700 mile car on ebay several times since 07. He had if I recall a bid for 35k. That bid didnt make the reserve. So I guess its hind sight 20/20 Not for the investment but the enjoyment right now! I guess its going to stay like this for a while. Nobody has the money they had in 2007! I myself like it for the enjoyment. I always crave for something different and can see why people sell?

If you don't like the post, you are more than welcome to skip it and start your own post, like the "I would pay $40K for a 96 Impala SS" post. :p

I never said I would pay that, but I said that they have been sold for as high as that. Re-read my post. I want one though and I'll eventually have one of those too.

I myself like it for the enjoyment. I always crave for something different and can see why people sell?

X2. I like the cars I like just for the enjoyment and the overall design. Words like "collectibility" and "investment" honestly never even come to mind when I buy cars like these. Sure, it's an added bonus, but that's not what I'm after.