NEW GNX dash installed

For $1600 ??? :eek:

It's a wonder ANYBODY buys them. Especially when it won't make the car any faster... :D

LOL

yea you got that right.
they are nice, but 1600 is a bit much.
then the wiring is another 250.

and after 1850$, youre still left with a 15# boost gauge.

Paul at World Of Motorworks is a pretty cool guy,i just pick up his new turbo shield which is bad @ss:biggrin:

I have yet to install this dash and I will probably wait until winter. I purchased the unit without the gauges and plan on using my current autometer phantom gauges. I need to just purchase Speedo, tach and fuel level gauges. Hopefully the install goes smooth. 681tonburb has provided some good information on the install of aftermarket gauges.

I done my own GNX style dash for MUCH less than that! :eek: I got in touch with Will Wilkerson, on here as (Bent6) and he had the faceplates for sale so all I did was decided on the gauges I wanted and took my speedometer cluster apart and sent everything to will to be installed. I also e-mailed him a layout of where I wanted the gauges and he installed everything, Wired everything, Supplied the turnsignal LED's, Bench tested everything and sent it all back to me pretty much as a Plug N Play unit. Now with Caspers pig-tail it would be even better!

PS: Also the speedometer cluster can still be used in going back stock! He does this without Hacking up the speedometer suround..

Just to let people know I have under $1,000 TOTAL in this dash and that was buying the VSS, and everything else that I had to have.. I love it!

Will does a great job on everything he does and from the looks of this dash, he built it as if it were his own..

SW

Attachments

• GNX style dash 016.jpg
    GNX style dash 016.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 995
  • GNX style dash 004.jpg
    GNX style dash 004.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,008
  • GNX style dash 005.jpg
    GNX style dash 005.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 993
  • GNX style dash 007.jpg
    GNX style dash 007.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,000
yep best to do it yourself, go cheap with the gauges and you can do it for 200-600 ..no need to buy the 150$ gnx harness.....u'll need your choice of panel, guages, schmatics, vss, 16 pulse sender if needed...not that hard to put together.

I done my own GNX style dash for MUCH less than that! :eek: I got in touch with Will Wilkerson, on here as (Bent6) and he had the faceplates for sale so all I did was decided on the gauges I wanted and took my speedometer cluster apart and sent everything to will to be installed. I also e-mailed him a layout of where I wanted the gauges and he installed everything, Wired everything, Supplied the turnsignal LED's, Bench tested everything and sent it all back to me pretty much as a Plug N Play unit. Now with Caspers pig-tail it would be even better!

PS: Also the speedometer cluster can still be used in going back stock! He does this without Hacking up the speedometer suround..

Just to let people know I have under $1,000 TOTAL in this dash and that was buying the VSS, and everything else that I had to have.. I love it!

Will does a great job on everything he does and from the looks of this dash, he built it as if it were his own..

SW

Love the dash the students did, just beautiful! But, my God, Scott, yours is positively AWESOME!:eek: I just love how those guages go with your white T. Man, I'm jealous! Can't afford one, but it's sure nice to see these beautiful T's with awesome dashes. Both of you guys did a great job.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Love the dash the students did, just beautiful! But, my God, Scott, yours is positively AWESOME!:eek: I just love how those guages go with your white T. Man, I'm jealous! Can't afford one, but it's sure nice to see these beautiful T's with awesome dashes. Both of you guys did a great job.

Bruce '87 Grand National
Well thank you Bruce! It turned out very nice and that was with the Old grey interior, You should see it now with the Black interior it really Pop's now! lol.. Thanks go to (Bent 6) as well for taking as much care in someone else's car as he would his own.

Those both look great I’m not a fan of the SW gauges but if I was after a stock look I would use one of the WMW dash but without the SW gauges. I’m putting my new dash together next week last of the parts should be here Wednesday. I was just tired of the AVC dash and wanted something a little different. I thought hard about the WMW dash for a stock look but couldn’t make myself spend the extra cash on one so I am changing to the same style of 7 gauge dash panel Scott has. I’ve always wondered why Casper’s didn’t sell a universal harness for our cars he could make one without the fancy circuit boards and all wired up with the VSS convertor and the 2 tach convertors wired in and ready to go I bet they would sell like crazy. Scot you need to make a DIY kit to sell on your web site with the dash plate and plug and play wiring.

I have one of these dashes in my 86 t type my question is how is your face plate connected to keep it from coming off i have used double sided tape can;t keep it in place also i have trouble with light in speedometer not enough thanks for any help you can give me

SW

can you please post a pic of it lit up at night? I have that same panel. The problem Im having is my interior is tan. I thinking the white would be the way to go. Im a long way from the interior on my resto so im prowling for the best look. Thanks steve

where does everyone get these gauge bezels that just have the big clear lense on them? i want to install some autometer gauges but dont like the look of them out in the open i want them under glass. you just make your own or what?
like this:

attachment.php

i like the silver trim around the lense too. i dont need any gauges or mounting. just the bezel w the big open lense

GNX dash looks great, but that is alot of money.
I think I'd go with the white face look SW did....nice job!!