New GN buyer

spyrs69

I found an 86 GN with 60k miles on a solid body but may need paint for $6800. Good deal?
Anyways, is there anything I should look for regarding if it is a real GN or a T-type?
Thank you much
-Dan

check the vin number, make sure the interior is the correct gray and balck. check the numbers on trans and motor to match to the vin. if you realy wanna get crazy on the inside of the door panel there should be a build sheet make sure the vin matches up and it has WE2(Grand National Option code) and ther should be the same piee of paper under the back seat bottom or top asy to take out.

Good Luck with it :D

Also check the option code (RPO) sticker on the inside of the trunk lid. Some important codes to watch out for are WE2 (Grand National), LC2 (Turbo motor), and G80 (for cars w/ posi). Also the 8th digit of your vin is the engine code and should be as follows:
82-83 Turbo Regal is 8, 84-85 Turbo Regal is 9, 86-87 Turbo Regal is 7. So for an 86' Turbo car the 8th digit of the VIN should be a 7. Good luck with it!

-Jade

Near stock, what's next

Thanks for all the info. I did get the car and it all matched up. Replaced turbo, 36lb. injectors, hi-volume aftermarket fuel pump, adjustable fuel reg, chip. Just swapped in a straight pipe for the converter. What is next???