new forged /girdled short block

gczarny

fast is cool !
I have 109 forged crank/rods/pistons with girdle short block for sale ,email me for any more details ,prefere local pick up in Sarasota Florida ,short block is $4500 , I have new high valume front cover /oil pump /water pump combo for $160 extra or neutral ballance OEM modified harmonic ballancer for extra $140 if interested .short block comes with oil tube extension and oil pan , internal ballanced . for quicker response email me to gczarny@hotmail.com ,thanks

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 783
  • pistons.jpg
    pistons.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 787
  • girdle.jpg
    girdle.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 783
Would this be capable of 500hp with the right cam, heads and injectors? What would you recommend using with it? thank you,

That engine would laugh at 500 HP. What you bolt to it depends on your intentions. Bump 4 ya

Would this be capable of 500hp with the right cam, heads and injectors? What would you recommend using with it? thank you,

if you are looking for 500 HP short block you can use stock parts ,this can take 1000 HP , I used this short block last summer ,put 30 -40 low 10's passes ,about 800 HP flywheel on 93 octane and alky tune just heaving fun , last race in early November I lost # 1 piston ,temps were very low like low 50 F and I know by now I would not push my car with alky at those temps , there is a problem shooting a lot of alky -2 nozzles - with low temps , since then this short block was bore 0.020" and fitted with brand new piston kit , it was standart bore before and at the refresh all the bearings showed no wear at all , that is why I am saying this is well done short block that can take 1000 HP , I have had my share of nightmares with other engine builders but this shop had build 4 engines for me by now and every one of them performed A plus , if you want to buy it I would put you in touch with Tom who build it and he stands behind his work 100% so you are covered , I have the stroker in my car right now and I put it in while this short block was worked on ,if I waited litlle bit longer I would put this motor back in and sell off my stroker ,don't care for a stroker ,let me know

short block

Email sent last night haven't heard back. You answered most of my questions here but wondering what the compression is and what CC head it was calculated with.

Thanks Dave

Email sent last night haven't heard back. You answered most of my questions here but wondering what the compression is and what CC head it was calculated with.

Thanks Dave

I did not get your email but I already posted that info in thread above in piston kit link , I will copy and paste from that page : Wiseco PT040H2 Piston Application Notes:

Bore: 3.820 (.020 over)
Stroke: 3.400
Rod Length: 5.960
Compression Height: 1.825
Dome Volume: -25cc
Compression Ratio 46cc Heads: 9.0:1
Compression Ratio 43cc Heads: 9.3:1

Thanks!

if you are looking for 500 HP short block you can use stock parts ,this can take 1000 HP , I used this short block last summer ,put 30 -40 low 10's passes ,about 800 HP flywheel on 93 octane and alky tune just heaving fun , last race in early November I lost # 1 piston ,temps were very low like low 50 F and I know by now I would not push my car with alky at those temps , there is a problem shooting a lot of alky -2 nozzles - with low temps , since then this short block was bore 0.020" and fitted with brand new piston kit , it was standart bore before and at the refresh all the bearings showed no wear at all , that is why I am saying this is well done short block that can take 1000 HP , I have had my share of nightmares with other engine builders but this shop had build 4 engines for me by now and every one of them performed A plus , if you want to buy it I would put you in touch with Tom who build it and he stands behind his work 100% so you are covered , I have the stroker in my car right now and I put it in while this short block was worked on ,if I waited litlle bit longer I would put this motor back in and sell off my stroker ,don't care for a stroker ,let me know

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. I could tell you anything you'd need to know about a small or big block Chrysler or Chevy but when it comes to TR's I know almost nothing. But thanks to the everyone on this site I am learning quickly!

What part of the stroker dont you like?

the fact that it is off set rod design , I have said it before ,if you build a race car go for it ,for fast street car not needed at all , right combination of everything with good tune is more importent , my car is build for race so it made sense to keep stroker in it and this was my back up motor ,but after few seasons of switching them back and forth and the fact that I am out of racing at this point just need nice TB to drive around every day to work and such makes me wish I kept this block in it and sell off my stroker ,seams to be what most people want to build these days or I will sell my car the way it is or trade for less build TB .

Thanks for your first hand experience, I'm building a stroker stage2 motor presently so maybe the next one will be a stock stroke motor but aren't they both off center rod motors?

Thanks for your first hand experience, I'm building a stroker stage2 motor presently so maybe the next one will be a stock stroke motor but aren't they both off center rod motors?

stage motor could be either way but you are right ,109 block is off center design too but here is what I noticed , this motor that I am selling here is ballanced for street ,let's say up to 6000 rpm , I could have it ballanced for 6k plus RPM racing situation but did not need it , it's smooth off idle all the way up and better on gas in street driving since it's smaller then a stroker ,my stroker is build for racing , maybe it's the way it's ballanced or maybe it's the fact that with longer stroke if you put the piston all the way down and take a look half piston sticks out of the hole :p there is some roughness felt at low RPM and off idle ,sure H&R mounts don't help this situation but what I ment to say because of the way I am using my car right now I wish I had this motor in my car , I don't think that stroker is going to last as long as none stroker even if you don't abuse the hell out of it ,I could be wrong I am not a engine builder but that is just my opinion.

Would u be intrested in swapping out the motors if so what would u have to have out of the stroker bottom end thanks

Would u be intrested in swapping out the motors if so what would u have to have out of the stroker bottom end thanks

I might but here is the thing ,I just moved here to Sarasota from Illinois trying to start new life here so to speak , have no time or place or money to do any of that , when I say I am taking it easy right now I don't mean I don't like to race anymore I just need to keep all the expanses to minimum ,trying to buy a business so selling this motor or the whole car is probably the best for me at this point .