New England Dragway TODAY...TECH HELP

S

Sleeper87

Hey i know this really shouldnt be posted here but i knew everyone would see it here....Im going to New England Dragway today....ill be there no later than 6pm....Black GN wit maine plates....If anyone has the time off to come give me a hand to see what my cars issues are that would be awesome im just starting out with GN and i need some serious help....Thanks....
Sleeper87

I was up in that area last week on business, and i posted just that on the New England site. I could have helped you last week, but oh well.
Mitch

Might be up there too to lend a hand, but I think you have all the help you would ever need in Dan.
Also, Dan check the "for sale" section. I am interested in the exhaust.

I wish I lived in Tropical Maine

Sleeper, I've gotta get Turbo-Link and get this thing running right before I make the trip to NED, but I'd love to help you. You must not be more than an hour away, are you? I'm 2, so it's a bit more of a commitment, especially on a work night. :( It should be a good day for racing.
Since I'm a rookie too, with drag racing a TR, I'll give you some things I learned the hard way. 1) I hope you have grippy TIRES. I had just swapped my 235 radials off, they didn't hook at all. The Mickey S/S tires I have gripped great. 2) leave with some BOOST. I didn't build up enough for fear of spinning. I was cutting 2.25 second 60's (right up there with all the Civics). I was leaving with like 3 psi. At Oxford I was cutting 1.9xs leaving with more. If the track is prepped well (you'll find out) CRANK the boost off the line.

Hopefully I'll be able to meet you down there sometime. Just look for the black GN with Maine plates :D

The track doesnt get prepped on Wednesdays or Fridays so there will be Zero traction. Plan on 2.0 and worse 60ft times.

Wednesdays is also 80% ricers. Its kinda funny to watch the people in the stands get up and cheer for 15 second cars ;)

Dan, i can use help in every area...Im having probs wit WOT id like you to give me a hand....with anything u can ima newbe learning....U drive the white TTA correct....I saw u last ear whippin my friends 94 Z28 LT1 Camaro....was funny i have it on tape also....Ill look for you ill be down today...Thanks...Much apreciated help....When it gets running correctly...Ill be hoping to eat that Talon which pisses on my car all day..Thanks
Sleeper87

my first TTA is long gone...I do have another one we are building now...I think your thinkin of Mike...also a TTA....some problems have come up here...I won't be goin tonight :( email me with your problems

I ran a 15.5 OMG....IM gunna set my car AFIRE.....SOMEONE HELP ME...i almost go tbeat bye a VW GULF:eek:
sleeper87

Oh man! thats not good. how much boost were you running? did you have a scan tool?, if not that might be a good place to start. Check your hoses, maybe some are loose or popped off. 15.5... thats not right! Check the scan tool #'s first, gotta get that thing in tune :eek:
~Murt
TTA 750

Nope stock Fuel pump...no scan tool, im ordering Turbo Link for my laptop on monday..i got laughed at...i was running stock boost...yes i have an aftermarket guage...
Sleeper87:mad:

You may have gotten laughed at for running stock boost, but even stock boost is good for mid 13's if everything else is working properly and mid 15's mean everything may not be working properly.

What was you mph? ET isn't a good indicator of a cars potential.

Also, don't go to the track again until the fuel pump is changed. If you fix the problems you have now and start running 13's, it will start shutting off on you (If it isn't starting to already)

ya I think ya need some help :p when are ya goin again???? I am usually there wed an fri

Sorry to hear that

Hey Sleeper, your car is definitely "under the weather". Give us your 60' times, 1/8 mile ET and mph, and your 1/4 mph and we may be able to help you better. The first upgrade you should look at is a fuel pump. The stock ones are barely adequate in stock form. Turbo-Link is a good idea, let me know if you order it. I'm gonna be ordering soon here too. You will find that you can't crank up the boost much without getting a bigger fuel pump. Unless you wanna play head gasket roulette ;)
Shoot me a PM or an email if you want, you're pretty close by. And I have a garage. I'd be happy to give you a hand with your car. But give us your whole timeslip first. If you're running a 15.5 at 101 mph, with a 3 second 60', I think we'll know what's up!
Don't sweat losing or winning, amatuer dragging is all about FUN. I narrowly LOST to an Integra, on the worst run of the night (first trip down last year). 13.82 to his 13.80, damn. But it was still fun.

Ok here is my timeslip...
R/T : 1.037
60' : 2.379
330: 6.496
1/8 : 9.992
MPH : 70.64
1000: 12.990
1/4 : 15.560
MPH : 87.04
Whats up with this WHACK times...Someone help me...I have the money for fuel pump, etc...I just need to know whats wrong and what to order...Someone help me...My email is phazin@gwi.net hit me up ...thanks
Sleeper87

Man, you DON'T want to race my neon.

A fuel pump is the very first thing. Your MPH is pathetic indicating bigtime HP problems. If you had a 2.3 60ft and ran 95 mph, that would indicate "traction issues". 87 mph in the 1/4 means your car is making less than 200 HP....so you need to look at the stuff holding you back:

Fuel Pump?
Catalytic Converter?
Restrictive exhaust?
Knock retard?
bad gas?
low boost?
header leaks?
too much fuel pressure?
weak valve springs?
Birds nest in the turbo?
etc.

Ooohh...I just saw your sig. What is a "Performance Cam" and how old is it? Do you have a magnet on your drain plug?

Let me emphisize on someting....This rebuild was done bye a CERTIFIED GM dealership wich gave them a YEAR WARRENTY for the motor they rebuilt...Im sure they did everything correctly.....Im lost...Btw the CAM IS NEW
Sleeper87