new ebay headers

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Hey bud, hope you get yours... I did the same yesterday and was outbid at 190.90 by buickbuickboy.

I just purchased a set for 238.00 shipped with insurance, if they have issues maybe they got damaged in SHIPPING. LOL

BW

Hey! I didn't think of that. Maybe that bolt hole of mine was pierced during shipping by a flying flange bolt in the loosely packed box causing the bolt hole to be opened up beyond use. Yeah, that's it..........

T Spool said:
Hey! I didn't think of that. Maybe that bolt hole of mine was pierced during shipping by a flying flange bolt in the loosely packed box causing the bolt hole to be opened up beyond use. Yeah, that's it..........

It worked with the woofer i purchased off evilbay, i mean i never used it, it was broken when i got it that day that i didnt use it J/K

It was damaged in shipping and i sent it back and got a new one.
BW

I Just recieved mine from jdmmotorz the other day,they look like T Spools' set,same port, same mess :eek: . All the ports have to be cleaned up as do the welds inside where the pipes come together.Pipes are stainless but flanges seem to be cast thats chromed or coated because it is chipping off.I test fit them on motor but its not installed so i can't say dp will clear.I am also missing o2 bung,I'm just going to weld the mess and give'em a shot. :confused:

i seen a set of these headers at my buddies shop, he bought a set to see what the competiters were building, in order to make those headers fit you need a BFH and some welding equipment, we tried to fit them to a head that we had seating on his table and it did not line up at all, its looks like you would almost have to cut a piece of the head of just to TRY to get it to fit, if some of you CHEAPIES like wasting your money on jap crap and then invest more time and effort in to those garbage headers than go ahead, GN1PERFORMANCE offers some good headers for the your dollar, ive had mine on for over a year with no leaks or burnt gaskets.why not just pay lil more money and get good quality headers or spend 200 bucks on some cheap imos from japan. remember you get what you pay for. do you think your buick would like some rice on it ;)

I took Mike advice, before I ordered a set:

Mike Licht said:
I got a set from JDMmotorz Any header project we were thinking about is on hold. You cannot make a set of headers even close to these in this country for anything close to that price. Unless something changes this is a good choice AFAIAC
Mike

Looks like a game of roulette. They dont call it gambling for nothing. They're not all junk, and they're not all good. Some have O2 bungs and some dont. You're basically throwing your money on the table yelling " $230 on number 17! come'on number 17, come'on number 17, gimme 17!...winner goes to number 23! Ahhh ****!
As scary as this seems, Im tempted to buy a set. Ive been driving around for 6 months with a huge crack in my header..AGAIN. I want something that will last. I dont really give a damn about gaining 2mph. I dont have any welding equipment and this is my daily driver, which is what makes it a gamble.

Don't know for a fact, but I'm guessing that you if you buy "now" for their listed price - $299 from JDMmotorz you might get a better "finished" product then to get a better "lower" auction price. If their QC is not up to stuff the lower the purchase price/the lower the quality. Just a guess.

I bought 3 sets "buy it now" from JDMmotorz. None of the ones I got have O2 bungs, none have the bolt hole problem shown. All fit the test stand with no cutting or clearence problems, including the crossover. I got a set from SS Autochrome they did not fit anywhere, especially the crossover, they did however have an O2 bung. And were definitly made in a different factory. Some have noted the "peeling flanges", ATR headers had stainless tubes and mild steel flanges, these headers have stainless tubes and stainless flanges. They polish the tubes and I suspect they plate the flanges to make them look more like the tubes. The plating does not stick very well and it seems to flake a bit.
Mike

Mike Licht said:
I bought 3 sets "buy it now" from JDMmotorz. None of the ones I got have O2 bungs, none have the bolt hole problem shown. All fit the test stand with no cutting or clearence problems, including the crossover. I got a set from SS Autochrome they did not fit anywhere, especially the crossover, they did however have an O2 bung. And were definitly made in a different factory. Some have noted the "peeling flanges", ATR headers had stainless tubes and mild steel flanges, these headers have stainless tubes and stainless flanges. They polish the tubes and I suspect they plate the flanges to make them look more like the tubes. The plating does not stick very well and it seems to flake a bit.
Mike
Excellent info Mike. Thanks!

Mike, how do you test the flanges? My flanges hold a magnet really well, as well as the "bungs". The tubes themselves do not *seem* magnetic. Is this a valid test? Oh, Mine are the $299 version and no problems with bolt holes :confused:
Ross

Turbo1dr said:
The chances of me winning those headers for $175 is remote but I just gotta try... :D

Guess what guys... I won them for $175. All in all it will cost $213 to the door.

Mike, I bought a set BIN from JDMmotorz and they fit prefect, and it had the O2 bung in it including a plug with an allen head into it and a copper gasket. I also got exhaust gaskets for up to the heads. Steel flanges though. Stainless welds and pipes.

Mike Licht said:
Mike

this is good info.. i thought it was only one company making these

Turbo1dr said:
Guess what guys... I won them for $175. All in all it will cost $213 to the door.

Well dayumm you gots luck bro!

Wished i wasnt outbid yesterday.
BW

CPAKCP said:
Don't know for a fact, but I'm guessing that you if you buy "now" for their listed price - $299 from JDMmotorz you might get a better "finished" product then to get a better "lower" auction price. If their QC is not up to stuff the lower the purchase price/the lower the quality. Just a guess.

Not true. This company has no conscience. They do not discriminate, they screw all of you equally no matter what you pay. I, unfortunately bought my screwed up headers with "buy it now" for $299 before they started offering the $199 "buy it now". I bought them sept. 22 and they never responded to my 3 emails and now they filed a case against me with ebay square trade asking to have my feedback to them withdrawn. They have time to do that, but not answer emails concerning unacceptable products they are selling! They are the lowest of the low!

I own a set of ATR's and these.Holding them in your hand you can definetely tell the difference.Lightweight ss=cheap ss

Welds are better with the JDM's and THATS ALL THATS BETTER.A ton of cleanup work needs to be done to the flanges AND where the primary's merge.All in all not a bad deal but no way in hell would I bolt the JDM's straight up to an engine unless I was yearning to rebuild it and replace my turbo.Way to much slag and slivers of metal out of the box....

And my xover flange is going to have to ported a bit to get the v band to fit right.Still a great deal for $260 shipped to my door.Alot better alternative than welding your stock headers IMHO.

Well i got my JDMS about 10 minutes ago. They are going to need some work

the V Bands flanges are misaligned. The the Short side cross over from driver

Side to Passenge side that slips to geather is very loose. No O2 BUNG. They where cleaning up a weld and Blew thru from the inside out

Passenger side Header where there the cross over does and cracked the

the Weld needs to be rewelded. A 02 Bung installed.

Need 2 New V Band Clamps Need to Purchase some Bolts and some Gaskets

to install them. The Slip togeather cross over need alot of work very Loose

Fit. Did all you Guys weld the Cross over. Mine will not clamp togeather to
Loose it would Blo apart under Big Boost.

What did you Guys use for a O2 BUNG ?

Ross L said:
Mike, how do you test the flanges? My flanges hold a magnet really well, as well as the "bungs". The tubes themselves do not *seem* magnetic. Is this a valid test? Oh, Mine are the $299 version and no problems with bolt holes :confused:
Ross
Carbon Steel (C1018) is magnetic, which is what i would have to guess they make the flanges out of, because a solid chunk of stainless that big would be alot of money. 300 series stainless steels are NOT magnetic, but 400 series stainless steels ARE magnetic. They claim to use 300 series, which leads me to believe they probably just made the flanges out of carbon steel and chrome plated them.No need to Chrome plate stainless.