New DW 400 Fuel Pump!

Subscribed. Great data "flowing" here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Looks like my tank on the floor, I guess my car will be the test mule. Richard drop a new motor in my car two weeks ago. We were talking about putting that DW400 in instead of the new double pumper I just bought. I said why not if the testing went ok l wouldn’t have put in bigger fuel lines. Will see.

All I need to know is if and how the 400 will work with 160# injectors on e85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, and also has anybody posted comparable test to the walbro 450? I read earlier that it put out a lot more but i didn't see the data unless i missed it. The Walbro chart shows a comparable 355 at 70 psi and 13.5 volts and an independent test showed 340ish. Thanks!

Last edited:
plans are to do final testing tomorrow night
finally finished the testing on the 400 here are the numbers with the pump mounted in stock hanger feeding the STOCK FUEL LINES measured at the rail inlet. measurements are in gallons per hour.

At 14 volts 84 gallons at 65 psi and 79 gallons at 75 psi.
At 13.5 volts 81 gallons at 65 psi and 75 gallons at 75 psi.
At 13 volts 77 gallons a 65 psi and 70 gallons at 75 psi.

I will do the math later for those that need it but this pump will obsolete big hanger and line upgrades in all but the really big cars. The electro-mechanical efficiency of this pump is so high that at 14 volts it only draws 18 amps at 75 psi pumping 79 gallons an hour and at 13 volts pumping 70 gal an hour it only draws 17 amps

The DW400 is now running in my car, with the stock fuel lines. I did ask for a conservative tune on the dyno, at the monent 675 FWHP and the fuel pump is not even breathing hard. Again with the stock fuel lines. More details to come as to how this pump works with the stock return line.

I’m at 67% duty cycle 120lb injectors 23psi boost BB67/65 Turbo champion iron head stroker on e85 with the dw400 -8 feed -6 return external regulator. Bad ass pump!

I’m at 67% duty cycle 120lb injectors 23psi boost BB67/65 Turbo champion iron head stroker on e85 with the dw400 -8 feed -6 return external regulator. Bad ass pump!

WOW!! That’s some serious fuel for one pump!! Bad ass pump no doubt, huh?!

We have done 1/2 dozen 400 pumps the past few weeks and sent some to Richard Clark for his customer's!

i have a semi-related question..... will the dw400 and dw 300 outlets seal when using the push in style connection such as the racetronix billet double pumper coupler?

What of kind of power are they making with a single dw400 on e85?

With the proper fuel lines, wiring and voltage , the DW400 should be capable of 1000 HP.

A stock-type sender unit even modified cannot be up to enough flow for 1000 HP.

DW 400 fuel pump.JPG

Last edited:
So I am in the middle of wanting to get a Dw400 and 80 lb injector's. So these two will work without modifying my lines? Leave everything at is?
Im shooting for 550rwhp on my new set up. Nothing crazy.

So I am in the middle of wanting to get a Dw400 and 80 lb injector's. So these two will work without modifying my lines? Leave everything at is?
Im shooting for 550rwhp on my new set up. Nothing crazy.

If you aren’t in a rush I have a new pump for sale with a new hanger/sender. I can save you some money. Send me a pm if you want more details.