New DW 400 Fuel Pump!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
This pump has been in the development stage for over 2 years and will be available shortly, it will also carry the DW 3 year warranty.

Specs are on their web site, and one pump is on the way to Richard Clark for his independent testing, and another one is on the way to me for testing in a GN!

Testing by RC has shown the DW301 and the Walbro 450L are about equal in flow, so this pump will be a large step forward, and with the proper installation could easily obsolete double pump units.

www.DeatschWerks.com
1.800.419.6023 / 1.405.217.0701

Forward to a Friend | Follow us on:
NEW PRODUCT/DW400 The Highest Flowing In-Tank Fuel Pump Available

401-NL.jpg

1001-NL.jpg

So Nick, do you need an "experimental research" car for this pump? :D

My 301 with PTFE lines completely eliminated all my fueling issues, feels good to put that nagging problem to bed. According to the Internet h/p calculator I'm at 673 at the flywheel, I see why the 400 will probably eliminate the double pumpers for most.

Chuck

Nice! The DW301 I bought from Nick many years ago has gone 133 mph in a 3800 lbs car with gas, no alky. This pump ought to be icing on the cake.

This pump has been in the development stage for over 2 years and will be available shortly, it will also carry the DW 3 year warranty.

Specs are on their web site, and one pump is on the way to Richard Clark for his independent testing, and another one is on the way to me for testing in a GN!

Testing by RC has shown the DW301 and the Walbro 450L are about equal in flow, so this pump will be a large step forward, and with the proper installation could easily obsolete double pump units.

www.DeatschWerks.com
1.800.419.6023 / 1.405.217.0701

Forward to a Friend | Follow us on:
NEW PRODUCT/DW400 The Highest Flowing In-Tank Fuel Pump Available

401-NL.jpg

1001-NL.jpg

Last edited:
Will it fit the stock fuel sending unit?

I would not personally install a DW 400 pump in a stock sender.

There are 2 issues why not to use a stock sender, first is the sender wire gauge is too small to carry the necessary current, and second the wire connector pins are also too "wimpy" to handle the increased electrical load.

Currently I have 2 stock senders in my junk pile that both had wiring issues?

The 3/8" stock supply line will be fine for many street cars, but we usually convert the stock sender to the 5/16" vent line for the return path, and the 1/4" line will work for a vent line.

Our time-line is to have the DW 400 in my car by mid-November with street and track data in mid to low 10's on e-85.

I would not personally install a DW 400 pump in a stock sender.

There are 2 issues why not to use a stock sender, first is the sender wire gauge is too small to carry the necessary current, and second the wire connector pins are also too "wimpy" to handle the increased electrical load.

Currently I have 2 stock senders in my junk pile that both had wiring issues?

The 3/8" stock supply line will be fine for many street cars, but we usually convert the stock sender to the 5/16" vent line for the return path, and the 1/4" line will work for a vent line.

Our time-line is to have the DW 400 in my car by mid-November with street and track data in mid to low 10's on e-85.

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Here is the DW 400 pump on one of our billet sender units with a -8 supply line and -6 return.

The DW 400 pump is much heavier than a DW 301 and also slightly larger in length and diameter.

We should have some field test results soon, and Richard Clark will also have bench test results as he now has one also.

DW400.JPG

Here is the DW 400 pump on one of our billet sender units with a -8 supply line and -6 return.

The DW 400 pump is much heavier than a DW 301 and also slightly larger in length and diameter.

We should have some field test results soon, and Richard Clark will also have bench test results as he now has one also.

View attachment 311832

What does that sending unit cost?

Patrick and I tested the 400 tonight and all I can say is WOW ! What a pump it is. We tested the pump at three voltages. They were 12.5v - 13.5v - 14.5v We tested at 40-50-60-70 and 80 psi. We used pump gas that probably had ??? % ethanol. I did not take the time to measure the ethanol content. Since the specific gravity can change with different types of gas and formulations it is hard to be exact with the numbers. At any rate I am sure the results will astound you. Quite a few years ago I invested several thousand dollars in equipment to test pumps and I have tested a lot of pumps. This is the most impressive in tank pump I have ever tested.

Here are abbreviated results at 13.5 and 14.5 I will share the complete data in a few days

13.5v PSI --- 40 -- 50 -- 60-- 70-- - 80
......... LPH -- 408 389 - 370 - 351 - 331

14.5v PSI --- 40 -- 50 -- 60-- 70 --- 80
........ LPH -- 414 406 - 391 -- 380 - 361

lets do some pump math and see what this means to us..........say we have 100 lb injectors.........for safety sake we will not want to exceed 85% duty cycle so that leaves us at actual 85 lbs usable.............we have 6 injectors so 85 X 6 = 510 lbs.............gas depending on formula ( ethanol, additives,lead etc) is about 6 lb per gal so.............510 lbs divided by 6 = 85 gallons..............there are 3.8 liters per gallon so 85 x 3.8 = 323 liters..........if our base fuel pressure is 43 lbs and we run 28 lbs of boost...............43 + 28 = 71.........at 13.5 volts this SINGLE pump can supply 351 liters of fuel at 70 psi -----------thats 800+ HP from a single in tank pump

This pump will actually fit a stock hanger with no mods..........no more trying to stuff two pumps inside a tank..I will post some pics of just that.........as for the wiring here is some interesting info.........due to its size this pump is much more efficient at pumping than two smaller pumps so current demands are drastically reduced over two smaller pumps pumping the same amount at a given pressure...............i will post some of that data as well......... and as for fuel lines????.........in no time at all Pat and I came up with a fail safe simple way to 2 step this pump so it can work with stock fuel lines...........we will post some of that data in the next few days...RC