New DW 400 Fuel Pump!

Will your testing be with e85 fuel? I’m curious to see how it will perform.
I should be able to do that as well. ----------Here is the problem with E-85 testing.---------The actual ethanol content of e 85 varies greatly from station to station and week to week. Thats why most cars designed for e85 have to have a sensor to tell the computer what the mixture actually is at any given time so it can kep the AFR at a desired level. I will have to test the actual fuel I use and you may have to compensate for it. Such a problem really irritates me. Only the govt could come up with a program as poorly run as the e85 fiasco. Sort of like those "spill proof gas cans" that are sold everywhere. Its almost impossible to use them without spilling more gas than we ever did with the simple "old timey cans with simple spouts"

Sort of like those "spill proof gas cans" that are sold everywhere. Its almost impossible to use them without spilling more gas than we ever did with the simple "old timey cans with simple spouts"

So I am not the only one who has problems with those things, good to know.

either amazon or the board software is messing with the link. but ezpour spouts are sold almost everywhere nowadays (walmart, etc..)

Never go wrong with GUBMENT issue.....LOL (y) My experience with DW has been very positive.................good to have one that is on the rise & hungry for new business.

This pump will actually fit a stock hanger with no mods..........no more trying to stuff two pumps inside a tank..I will post some pics of just that.........as for the wiring here is some interesting info.........due to its size this pump is much more efficient at pumping than two smaller pumps so current demands are drastically reduced over two smaller pumps pumping the same amount at a given pressure...............i will post some of that data as well......... and as for fuel lines????.........in no time at all Pat and I came up with a fail safe simple way to 2 step this pump so it can work with stock fuel lines...........we will post some of that data in the next few days...RC
Any information on how to 2 step the pump for use on stock lines?

3F8365CC-9182-4978-8762-F4B86923D262.jpeg
B8E3357E-E637-4B8C-B20B-1A8D0BAA2236.jpeg
I installed one of these in my car over the weekend. Modified the 5/16 vent as my return line by removing the insert and welding a length of tube on it. Pump fits just like any other pump. I got rid of the intermediate harness on the sending unit, drilled through the plastic bulkhead and ran the pump wires through, soldered them direct to my hot wire kit. Got rid of the weatherpak plugs, not really worried about being able to unplug the pump. I put a small hole in the original return tube up at the top for the vent. Then installed some efi quick connectors -8/-6 feed and return. This pump feels twice as heavy as the competitors pumps I will say.

I wouldnt run this pump on stock lines

The 300 yes NP .. dont suggest it with this pump
If you could step the voltage down until the car goes into a desired boost setting then give it all she can take while on boost, wouldn't it not be any different than running a dual pump setup on stock lines with a hobbs switch to run the second pump? Same desired result correct?

If you could step the voltage down until the car goes into a desired boost setting then give it all she can take while on boost, wouldn't it not be any different than running a dual pump setup on stock lines with a hobbs switch to run the second pump? Same desired result correct?

I wouldn't suggest it .. but again it's your deal

Dropping the voltage down is probably not the optimum way to control output .. a lot better ways to do this
The issue here is that this pump will outflow most dual setups easily ... the Dw300 is the biggest pump I would do on stock lines / stock return

you can certainly make mods to the stock setup .. wouldn't take much .. but I wouldn't do it on totally stock stuff.. not ideal

Correct, though depending on how the pump is designed, whacking the voltage like that may damage it.

The OEMs use a pulse width module to "pulse" the pump on and off to modulate flow. That's how all the new returnless systems work. Getting this pump to work on that principle would require a PWM controller.

Unless it's designed to handle running at reduced voltage, in which case a ballast resistor and a hobbs switch will do the job.

Correct, though depending on how the pump is designed, whacking the voltage like that may damage it.

The OEMs use a pulse width module to "pulse" the pump on and off to modulate flow. That's how all the new returnless systems work. Getting this pump to work on that principle would require a PWM controller.

Unless it's designed to handle running at reduced voltage, in which case a ballast resistor and a hobbs switch will do the job.

Correct .. weldon is a primary example of using PWM control

Best part about this .. a pwm controller is less than $50! And super easy to configure

I wouldn't suggest it .. but again it's your deal

Dropping the voltage down is probably not the optimum way to control output .. a lot better ways to do this
The issue here is that this pump will outflow most dual setups easily ... the Dw300 is the biggest pump I would do on stock lines / stock return

you can certainly make mods to the stock setup .. wouldn't take much .. but I wouldn't do it on totally stock stuff.. not ideal
So this pump is too big to for stock lines or are not ideal in other words. I guess I should through the thread again. I was thinking about getting this pump and trying to sell my Red Armstrong double pump, but I guess that is not such a good idea unless I plan on changing out the lines. Now would this include the lines that connect the fuel rail? I just replaced these with Kirban's reproduction ones.

So this pump is too big to for stock lines or are not ideal in other words. I guess I should through the thread again. I was thinking about getting this pump and trying to sell my Red Armstrong double pump, but I guess that is not such a good idea unless I plan on changing out the lines. Now would this include the lines that connect the fuel rail? I just replaced these with Kirban's reproduction ones.

First question you need to answer.. how much power are you trying to support??

The DW400 is ALOT of pump

First question you need to answer.. how much power are you trying to support??

The DW400 is ALOT of pump

Whatever I can out the 6265, I was hoping around 525 initially. Then I plan on stepping up 67 in a few years and shoot for 600. Some people have told me a single "good" pump with alky should be able to get me to 525. I want the fuel cushion that is why I sold my RA single pump and bought, not yet installed, the double pumper.

Wow. This thread turned into some re engineering thread. Now everyone is going to go looking for a PWM for Christmas. Totally the WRONG direction IMO. That’s a bandaid, just do the shit right.