New Down pipe ???

Probably because it is made of stainless steel while Kirban's is not. Performance wise, it should make no noticable difference. I have the Kirban's in my car, it was installed by the previous owner so I can't comment on the install. Some people have had problems with leaks but mine is sealed perfectly.

the kirbans says it is stainless

This two-piece stainless 3" down pipe is a direct bolt-on replacement for the highly restrictive down pipe that now goes from the turbo to your catalytic converter. If you look at your stock down pipe where it bolts to the back of the turbo outlet, it is necked down to a mere 2" and at its widest point, it barely gets over 2- 1/4" in diameter. The actual opening on the exit side of your turbo is almost 3", but GM used a gasket donut and necks down the pipe which causes restriction in this area.

the kirbans says it is stainless

This two-piece stainless 3" down pipe is a direct bolt-on replacement for the highly restrictive down pipe that now goes from the turbo to your catalytic converter. If you look at your stock down pipe where it bolts to the back of the turbo outlet, it is necked down to a mere 2" and at its widest point, it barely gets over 2- 1/4" in diameter. The actual opening on the exit side of your turbo is almost 3", but GM used a gasket donut and necks down the pipe which causes restriction in this area.

you really think that restriction hurts that much ??? how fast is the car it's going on ?? :confused:

Buickgn.com or Terry Houston pipe will be the last one you'll ever need!

external wastegate setups rock too!

Get the one mark sells. 3 INCH DOWNPIPES I bought one and put it on a mildy stock car and it made a noticable difference. Contrary to what others say, just because you can go 12.0 on a stock DP doesnt mean you couldn't have gone 11.8 with a 3".....

Jason

Brian's DP works great! I have one on my personal race car:biggrin:

Melissa's old stock motor set up had the POS pipe goin to the stock POS elbow :rolleyes: 11.4s @ 118 ... changed to a nice SS "gotta have down pipe" to get rid of the stock elbow and gained NOTHING :eek: maybe it was just her car :confused: she sold it then got a GN an it ran 10's .. must just be different cars :rolleyes: :biggrin: ummmm never mind ... all you guys have way more in your cars than she did at the time ...