new DBB PT6776RS owner!

dejacky

Thank you to everyone here that advised me and answered all my questions before purchasing this turbo. I was worried it wouldn't fit, but am glad it did! Dave Henry at www.Boostwerx.com was kind enough to plug up the internal wastegate hole since I'm using an external Tial 40mm wastegate on the race car. Here is some eye candy for you all:

ADBBPT67fitment001.jpg

BDBBPT67fitment004.jpg

CDBBPT67fitment006.jpg

I'm pretty excited and hope this will really provide a better powerband, faster transient spool, and more peak power on pump gas compared to my old te-44.

looks pretty cool... more details on what kind of car that is , engine etc..

alot of guys do the the supra swap with the built inline 6 motor.......they hurt

According to precision, the 2 coolant passages for the ball bearings on the turbo are 14mm x 1.5 thread. Does anyone know of some good bang/buck fittings that are 14mmx1.5 on one side, but a barbed shape on the other side so I can re-use some stock coolant hose?

well i bought it anyways. Do you guys think my .63 a/r exhaust housing is too small for the turbo considering I'm using it on a manual transmission car with the following engine:

Inline 6 cylinder
3.0 Liter
7,300rpm rev limit

My only other option is a .85 a/r exhaust housing, but I think that is too big for my goals of wanting fast response and being quick on the street. Here is a video of the journal bearing version of this same turbo, but with a 3inch compressor inlet:

YouTube - Lexus SC300 Dyno T67 Turbo

He has the same engine as me, but he's running 8.3:1 compression and I have 9:1. Here are his Dyno results:

ALLENSSC300TURBODYNO-1.jpg

I welcome all of your experienced input, thanks in advance!

Don't know why you'd want to go with a bigger housing, you are no where near maxing out the capabilities of that turbo at 460 HP. What boost level were you running?

Don't know why you'd want to go with a bigger housing, you are no where near maxing out the capabilities of that turbo at 460 HP. What boost level were you running?

That's his buddy's dyno sheet.

You do have a good point though, if it isn't going to be making 700 or more hp the bigger housing probably isn't needed. Yours should make more than his but that housing should be good. If not they aren't too expensive to get a .85.

That's his buddy's dyno sheet.

You do have a good point though, if it isn't going to be making 700 or more hp the bigger housing probably isn't needed. Yours should make more than his but that housing should be good. If not they aren't too expensive to get a .85.
Thanks for your insight Will, I shall keep the .63 and see what kind of numbers we can attain :cool: .