New, current updated Michigan thread.

The Moose Preserve is a bar restaurant if that's what you mean. As far as a physical bar to meet at, when you walk thru the front door, about 20' to your left is a bar. We could meet there if you'd like. I'll have a black fleece zip up and a tan ball cap on.

It was nice to meet everyone, and put a face to a name. I hope to go hang out in the near future. And Derek & Tony, it was a pleasure, as always. Next time, hopefully 1987RegalTurbo and KingMoneyBank's other buddies can make it out. :)

All, it was great to meet everyone, and talk some shop! Can't wait to meet up again, we were talking about December 6th, in Mt. Clemens....Three Blind Mice, or the place Derek mentioned....anywhere is fine....thanks all, and see you soon!! Craig

Any day, anytime guys, no hassles, no problem! Just want to get together with the group and talk shop.....and bring our cars out when the weather is good! Had a ton of fun at the Moose Preserve Saturday night, great stuff!

Me too. Though the weekend of the 12th when I get back will be super hectic, and it'll be spent putting shit back and getting ready for work on that Monday, and the holidays as well, seeing as how I'm hosting Christmas at my house this year. I could get away for a few hours on the 20th though :)

Good to see old friends and make new ones thanks Tony for making this happen. If I don't see you in December, January for sure

I'm in Holland MI but my GN is not up and running yet

Wow, that's 2.5 hours lol. At any rate, show up anyways! Is there anything wrong with your car that you need help with, or is it just finding the time to re-assemble?

And turbocgn87, you're in Westland? we were tossing the idea around of seeing what the west side cruises were about. Maybe some of us could show up there. If not, come on out to the East side one day.
We gotta get our raggedy group together & semi formalized, and our buckets running smooth so we can represent the Buick community to these new schoolers. Even though there has been a few individual Buicks puttin' it to 'em on Woodward here and there, I was hoping for something a little more permanent to discourage the competition lol. I want the old original reputation back to where it was in the late 80's, early 90's.
I've had a few guys line up to me, and see my GN badge and say "Oh no, I know what that is. I'm not supid lol. No thanks." and even though I was cheated out of a race, it was really cool to actually witness the old reputation these cars had, in real life. Makes you think "Wow, I really do have something here lol. People actually know what these cars are lol." I'm starting to see a new, younger crowd on the streets now with their Evos and STIs, and they look my car over like they've never seen it before in their lives. I aim to change that this season. I want to put the fear of God in them. And I want to show GM that after 30 years we still have cars that can whoop your newest, baddest inventions. Make them wish they hadn't changed shit around. I want to be the guy that says "I told you so." to the old head of Buick back in '87, (if he's still alive) and today's boss as well.
I also feel that it's a good advertising campaign for Buick too. 30 years later and Buick's still beating the competition. Maybe it'll wake people up to the new Buick, that's supposedly trying to re-invent themselves.

Last edited:
Sorry I wasn't able to make it this past weekend. It was my brother's surprise birthday party. Hopefully we had a decent turn out! Lets keep this going, and I'd definitely like to be a part of the next gathering.

Derek

Hi all, it was great talking shop with everyone over the weekend, a GREAT time, and I am definitely fired up with the club that is re-forming, and can't to see and hear the amazing power of those "uncorked" Turbo Buick's! Guys, "its alive"!!!!!!!.........................they're BAAAAACCKK!!!!