New, current updated Michigan thread.

:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• hotrod turkey.jpg
    hotrod turkey.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 101
Hi all, last month we all talked about getting together on the east side, maybe Three Blind Mice...or......?? Everyone want to get together on Saturday the 13th, say 4 pm like last month? Thanks! Craig

My buick is finally running (just in time for the snow)
I would love to join you guys in these meets and what not. Let me know when you all meet up because im down to get to meet a few of you TR guys. I may know a few thoug

I believe Tony said he was going to be tied up the weekend of the 12th, he mentioned the 20th though.

OK, thanks for the correction williamsGN! Looks like December 20th, probably at Three Blind Mice over in Mt. Clemens? Let's get it goin'!! See ya!

Home :) Wow what a trip. I'll update with my next available free weekend. Should be soon.
Sherif, where are you located? What kind of Buick do you have?

hey whats up! I live in Novi and I have an ugly ass 1984 GN (just needs new paint haha) but it was hot air until I blew the motor last year (spun a bearing and crank cracked in half) and I finally just finished my intercooled conversion project. She runs great and sounds really nice I just really need to tune her up and get it all dialed in.

Hey Tony, welcome back! Sounds like an awesome trip, cant wait to hear all about it! Welcome to the club, Sherif...would love to hear about your hot air conversion! Cant wait to get back together soon (this month hopefully?), had a blast last month....I need to spend this weekend sorting a new water pump on my 1959 Austin Healey Sprite so I can put it up for sale in the new year, along with a 1967 Karmann-Ghia drop top I have, both beautiful cars......but I need to buy another Turbo Buick! If we can all spread the word with our car buddies, that i have these two cars for sale, that might speed up the process! ha ha...see all soon! Craig

hey whats up! I live in Novi and I have an ugly ass 1984 GN (just needs new paint haha) but it was hot air until I blew the motor last year (spun a bearing and crank cracked in half) and I finally just finished my intercooled conversion project. She runs great and sounds really nice I just really need to tune her up and get it all dialed in.

If you're so inclined, bring 'er to one of the meet ups this summer, and we'll see what our gang can do with her. What's the mods thus far?

And Craig, it was fun. Not a boatload of fun, but still really cool. More of a sight seeing adventure / block checker than a relaxation type of gig. I'll tell all next meet up. If I were you, and I'm sure you already did it but, try posting those cars on their respective forums, including this one as well, and hopefully it'll speed up the process. Truth be told, I was looking for an older Austin Healey myself-a different model though. Maybe in the future, who knows. Super nice cars. I'd love to see it.

Oh man this thing has been a money pit. This is the first car I've ever tried fixing up so I learned a lot from it and spent a ton. But the mods aren't anything too special. I basically used the hot air set up except added an intercooled and piping but kept the turbo in the stock hot air location along with the 87 intake, plenum and throttle body. I'll soon be completely converting it over to 86/87 set up but I need to save up money first. I was just trying to see what i could do in budget and this is what I came up with. This is the only pic I have on my phone the rest is on my computer
Upgraded ECM, upgraded turbo(ta49) block bored .030 over with main caps TRW pistons and a ton of other stuff. Just need to dial it in now cause she runs just fine.
72d86fc5c906a82333e971db06a12840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New built trans, 42.5lbs injectors, ScanMaster, really just trying to see what times I can get with this set up

Thanks appreciate it! I can't wait to see what all of you guys got going on under the hood !

It drives great I just need a new chip burned because my ses light is flashing which means a prom error. So I basically run really rich all the time because the prom error tells the computer to run in 'limp home mode'. But once it gets to operating temp it seems to not run so rich. Other than that, it's fine. I have the boost set to 11psi also but I'll tweak with it a little when I begin to dial it in.

Who's your chip by? And fill out your signature so we know what we're lookin' at :) You don't see many chips messed up these days. I'm wondering if it's not your ecm.

The chip doesn't match my injectors and it's the chip from my 84 computer before I switched it to the 87 so that's a dead give away why it's doing that

I put her away for the winter. Now I'm just saving for more fun parts to throw at it

Hey Sherif, if you ever need some help turning a wrench or whatever, give me a shout, as i am right over in Farmington Hills.....248-880-2861

Craig