New California Methanol rule

Have the environmental communists in California also banned rubbing alcohol? I think you can buy it at 97% alcohol at your local Walgreens. It's about $2.50 a qt. here in FL, or how about denatured at home depot? This is all about destroying this hobby, and coming to a state near all of you. Of course, if the buffoons and traitors to America in Washington decide to off Iran, you won't even be able to afford gas anyway.

Good Lord I can't wait to get to heaven so I can sit back, dust my halo off, watch this circus with the rest of the angels and just laugh as Armageddon unfolds.

Thank GOD for Methanol
In God I trust.:D

Now where's my anti-bacterial spray...I gotta get busy saving the world.

LOL. Good one!!
Meanwhile, the solution is easier than that . . . Buy online (?), or, Move to Texas! :tongue:

Edit:
Oh yeah, bring Lou with you. :tongue:

The supplier isn't the problem.
They're a cool bunch of guys....

It won't matter where we buy from, they all have to follow the advisory or face penalty.

THIS...

The regulation specifies penalties for the supplier if you get caught with a non CARB fuel in your car.

Glad I don't live in the Granola state.

It hits a sore spot when I hear people getting high and mighty about being legal. That's not a problem, problem are lazy ass people. There are just as many lazy poor white people that are a bigger drag on the economy, and they have no problem reproducing.

No doubt there are many lazy useless citizens that waste taxpayer $ but when illegals work here and then send their $ across the border it kicks the economy in the balls. That is precisely what most of them do. Milk the country for what its worth because they are protected.

Just another end run to reduce modifying vehicles in CA.
If CARB had their way we would be like europe, no mods at all. We have SEMA to thank for keeping CARB under some control.
These bureaucracies that operate like a dictatorship are too many and out of control.

or how about denatured at home depot?

thats what i use, denatured from home depot with a 50/50 mix of water.

Sorry if this has been covered already....

So today I stop by my methanol source and he tells me that it is now illegal for him to sell me methanol for use in a street vehicle:mad: and if I want to buy some, it can only be used in race vehicles or boats and I'd have to sign some commi-pinko form with all my ID and address info saying that's what I intend to use it for.

Based on what I understand about methanol....it's actually a very clean burning FUEL ALTERNATIVE and is actually approved in other environmentally stiff regions such as Europe and Japan as a clean fuel additive of sorts (OK in small percentages of overall fuel volume).

I think the EPA even sees it as a clean alternative fuel.

So my question is...
What the bejesus is going on here?

Have the tree hugging, paranoid, save the planet, we're doomed, man is a pest and has no right to live, it's used in race cars so it must be sinful Bureaucrat types who are running the CARB ignored all common sense and reason (again) while putting another misinformed, over bearing, zero impact law onto the books so they can feel important and worth the billions of wasted tax dollars and revenue generating jobs they are costing us?
...or...:confused:
Will my Alky kit really kill the planet, drop a polar bear or melt an ice berg next time I step on the gas peddle just because I run methanol to preserve my engine from sure destruction due to the already over regulated and weakened California fuel options I'm forced to use on every tree huggin' street corner?

did he show you the law? any idea which number it is? I would love to read up on this.

I use methonal at work and we are a testing lab we are having the same problems with this whole bs of methonal and alot of othere chemicals that we use on daily we have to go throught the whole politacal bs just to get methonal we had to even send a guy out to az to pick some up so I can still get some luckly My car is a big alky

I'm so glad that CARB is out there saving the planet for us, one car at a time.

What legislation are they working on right now to block that air pollution floating over from China? We gonna build a dome to live in next? Maybe we can all live in our own little plastic air bags with an o2 supply.

Just tell the dude you run an RC car or RC plane and you need 5 gals in your VP can:biggrin:

Seems like you would have to show proof that you have a legally regis-turd OFFROAD ONLY car to purchase.

to the OP...could you go out of state and buy a barrel full? I think that is what I'd consider. Keep it in your garage or whatever. Good luck.

Just wanted to chime in on this a little bit. There is a little mom and pops hardware store my girl and I go to for all of our home improvment stuff. The owner of the store told me that Denatured Alky is also on a list to be pulled from the shelves of most hardware stores. I found this out when I was putting together my DIY alky kit. It seems that brass fittings containing lead have been outlawed in Ca already. It took me a friggin week to find a 1/4" elbow to mount my nozzle in. Next time I go to the store I will ask him when he is pulling DA.

So when I read the rule from California It seemed to me that it really only applied to Race gas and not methanol.

Is there another rule.

Illegals are not citizens.

And without them there would be no economy.

It hits a sore spot when I hear people getting high and mighty about being legal. That's not a problem, problem are lazy ass people. There are just as many lazy poor white people that are a bigger drag on the economy, and they have no problem reproducing.

Unless you are a rock or something, you are a migrant. White people more so than indigenous mexicans. The only reason europeans aren't illegal is they killed off as many people as they could and forced themselves on to the land then made up laws. I see a bunch of double standard people that are too scared to look into the mirror in this country. That is what made me sick on 9-11, racism that ran rampant. I hate people that want to blame other races anytime anything bad happens, when the problems are the people in the country, people in charge, and the actions of the past. I try to avoid political stuff anymore, but coming from a family of migrant workers it just strikes a personal chord, so forgive my rant...

Otherwise, I agree, the bureaucratic bs is over the top. Everything is too expensive here in Ca, it's bs. However, california is nice. If it wasn't it'd be cheaper. What really pisses most people off in this state is they are taking away everybody's toys, which is why we live here! Come on Ca, let's find a middle, reasonable ground.

This is the leftist, anti-White BULL$HIT they've been teaching in the communist school system to the "victims" for the past 30 years. If there were no Whites, there would be no America. Would you like some whine with your cheese? And yes, illegal immigration is a big deal. :rolleyes:

This is the leftist, anti-White BULL$HIT they've been teaching in the communist school system to the "victims" for the past 30 years. If there were no Whites, there would be no America. Would you like some whine with your cheese? And yes, illegal immigration is a big deal. :rolleyes:

I agree that the history books need to be changed to what really happend during the infancy of this nation all the way up to Civil rights in the 60s. Regardless of color...money runs this nation...period. I think that the founders of this nation figured it out before everyone else could catch on to it. The "victims" parents and grandparents fell for the lies. Now this BS is being taught in our schools so that the cycle will continue.