New best for 1387

RobR

formerly TTA 1387
Finally hit the track with the new chip from Eric at TurboTweak. I can finally launch again! Hit a couple of 1.6x launches. Haven't been able to do that since I had the stock stuff on. This chip doesn't pull near as hard as the Thrasher in high gear though. Need to somehow combine the two to make a great chip. Best MPH of the day was 117. This is down from the Thrasher of 120-121 on every run at the last event.

Here's the slip:

60'.........1.623
330'.......4.755
660'.......7.420
MPH.......90.69
1000'.....9.706
1/4.......11.618
MPH......115.77

BTW, saw George Benson there. That car is going to be a beast! Good luck George.

Thanks.

But those 2 tenths are coming on the launch. That should equate to more than that on the big end. It just doesn't get it like the Thrasher did. Have to work on that.

Rob

Having a simular problem with a friends car.Car is way too fat off the line resulting in terrible 60'.Run a best of 11.2 @125mph with a1.7 short time.Said all that too ask this was yours fat off the line causing terrible 60' or was it timing issues.The other Question is could fuel be pulled out down low without affecting the car at the other end with programmingof the chip.Just a thought.

Wes

I need some better weather :D

I'm behind again..arggg.. kept the lead for a while.. let see thursday with the bigger hair dryer..

Hey I now chirp POSI :) and it doesnt howl... yaaayyy

Well done Rob!
The Thrasher with the 50# constant is quite lean at high rpms, and your car seems to like that. We can lean it out in that range. Also, maybe we could lock the converter a little earlier. We'll get it all fixed up! :)
How much boost did you run? I think I may have fueled the chip for around 24-25psi. Have you though about an EGT gauge?

Regards,
Eric

Howdy Eric,
Yep it definitely likes to run lean. If the laptop wouldn't have died on me, I would have upped the boost more. I ended up running 23psi, up from 22. I believe you said its fueled for 24psi and I think that's where it will be next time out. 0.0 KR the whole run. Just started to get under 800mv so more can be had.

I was going to fool around with shift points. That maybe I was shifting too high at 5200. But the car slowed down when I started shifting at 5000. Right now it locks up right at 5200, I think that is fine for now.

I'm glad its starting to come together. Its been a long time when the car could launch.

Thanks Eric.

Originally posted by Razor
I need some better weather :D

I'm behind again..arggg.. kept the lead for a while.. let see thursday with the bigger hair dryer..

Hey I now chirp POSI :) and it doesnt howl... yaaayyy

Was 38 Degrees on the way to work at 8am. The little temp thing in the Lightning was reading ICE ICE ICE :)

That thing is an animal with air like this. Man I love the FALL! :cool:

As I'm sure your well aware, chip buring is not a perfected art. When Eric still lived in KC, he and I worked for months on a chip program that worked with MY combo. He re-burnt a thumbwheel chip so many times it lost 1/2 of its 16 positions....sorry Eric. The name of the game will be tuning and more tuning. Eric has really come a long way with his R&D and is now doing things that are really cool and in the past unheard of. Wait till he has time to make the 4" MAF from the Lightning work without the use of a translator! Matter of fact, his chips were the only ones that I could get to run @ 28 psi with alky and pump gas while keeping the KR at a very low number. I was basically able to get my TTA to go from 116 mph to 123 mph with his help....hell of a nice guy and missed here in KC. Wait till you see his stage 1 GN go!

Its the costant pushing the envelope that makes our cars faster... period..

Thats just hot rodding ;)

Mike.. boy are you in withdrawals when you think a lightning is fast... you are in our prayers.. :D

ice ice baby ;)