New Age Sleepers

I have an 04 CTS-V. 98% of the population doesn't know what they are. Have huge brakes, 400hp, great handling, great looks, etc.
You can find the 04/05's for around 17-22k.

Several of the recommendations on the board have been great. The Impala SS is a great choice as well as the late model W bodies. Some may not agree, but the Mustangs are fun, had a couple including a Cobra, cheap to modify and fun to drive. I also owned two Grand Prix GTP's, loved them both and they were fast. Although the only mods I ever added to the GP's were chips.

As far as foreign is concerned, I always considered myself an American, so committing sedition was something never on the radar. My veteran Grandfather and Father would never hear of it. Sorry, have to respect their legacy and the sacrifices of others who built this country.

x2 on the W-body platform.

Go drive a Buick LaCrosse Super...factory stock to factory stock, it would give the GNX a serious run for its money.

Hands down a CTS-V is better than any of the other cars mentioned. It will blow any of the other stuff mentioned away and it's a Cadillac, so not many people expecting it. They run 13.0 in the quarter totally stock. I saw a black GM certified 05 model with a warranty for 19,500$ recently.

Yeah I would LOVE to find a low mileage CTS-V. Problem is most I have seen are 45k+

I hate paying so much money for higher mileage cars even though they will be fine.

Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds like the CTS-V is the one to seriously consider. Is anyone aware of any reliability issues with that the 2004-2005 models?

Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds like the CTS-V is the one to seriously consider. Is anyone aware of any reliability issues with that the 2004-2005 models?

rear end is a known problem area. get one with a warranty or that has already had the rear replaced. there might have been a recall on them.

They are bad for wheel hopping, which GM fixed with the new model. Be careful with repeated hard launches or you'll be shopping for a new IRS. just today I found an 05 CTS-V with 39k miles for $22. Could prob get it for $20 without much trouble.

ZzZzzzzzz(snort)zzzZzZZZZZ

Alot depends if you're brand loyal, or not.:cool:

When I was looking for a vehicle to replace my '00 Regal GS, I had no idea I could afford a new Super. Sometimes you have to drive a little to get a good deal. Mine came from Watertown, Massachusetts via Nutley, NJ. Loaded, full warranty for 23 and change.

I've seen some examples with less that 20K on the odo going for $18,000. Others are showroom queens that are as high as $34k (yes, '08 leftovers going for that much).

The performance and handling is great but not too jazzed on the fuel mileage, but I kind of expected that with a 3700# V8 car.

I would have loved to score a clean CTS-V, but most had a ton of miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_2117.jpg
    IMG_2117.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 591
ZzZzzzzzz(snort)zzzZzZZZZZ

Alot depends if you're brand loyal, or not.:cool:

When I was looking for a vehicle to replace my '00 Regal GS, I had no idea I could afford a new Super. Sometimes you have to drive a little to get a good deal. Mine came from Watertown, Massachusetts via Nutley, NJ. Loaded, full warranty for 23 and change.

I've seen some examples with less that 20K on the odo going for $18,000. Others are showroom queens that are as high as $34k (yes, '08 leftovers going for that much).

The performance and handling is great but not too jazzed on the fuel mileage, but I kind of expected that with a 3700# V8 car.

I would have loved to score a clean CTS-V, but most had a ton of miles on them.

I'm not a die hard Buick fan, only the GN Turbo-T's for me... but damn that car you bought there is very nice.

If the LaCrosse Super had come out at the same time the '07 Impala SS did I would have gone the Buick route. As it is, I have an '07 Impy SS that I have tweaked to some extent (Magnaflow exhaust with no center resonator, killer dyno tune, K&N intake, '99 Regal GS strut braces front and rear, polyurethane upper motor mount.) troGNman, I can just imagine your car with the Magnaflow system I have on my car; it has just the right burble.

As far as cosmetics go, somehow all the "SS" stuff kinda fell off... ;)

Attachments

• Impalaside.jpg
    Impalaside.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 583
  • Impalarear.jpg
    Impalarear.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 583
  • Seats.jpg
    Seats.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 578
  • SteeringWheel.jpg
    SteeringWheel.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 578
  • LS4Badge.jpg
    LS4Badge.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 600
The LaCrosse Super IS today's T-Type. It's easy to see, if you can pull yourself out of "Turbo V6" mode.

Have either of you guys run those cars at the track?

The Acura TL+S. I dont like the new bodt style, but the body before it, 05-07? Looks tough, and the "S" makes it even more sportier.
Altima "R" model. I understand it has the drivetrain of the 350z in the 4-door body. Looks tough as well.
No Dodge's reccomended?? Charger R/T?

while on the topic of sleepers...

Is there a good way to debadge a car...without messin up the paint?...I have a t-type with gn emblems that gtg..on that note you may see some emblems for sale from me soon ;)

Morgan, your killing me with that fleet car! But then again, I've seen what you have done to the Turbo-T.:cool:

As for exhaust, it's tough for me to justify ripping off a perfectly good S.S. system. Gimme a year or 2 then I might change my mind.

No track times yet, still breaking it in.

I recently picked up an 05 Caddy STS with the Northstar V8 and I love it. I paid $18 K and it had 45,000 miles on it. They have AWD models but this one is only RWD. It is loaded beyond belief, heated seats all around, cooled seats up front, rain sensing wipers, navigation system, moonroof, bluetooth, voice commands, magnetic suspension options, rear back up sensors, IPOD/aux connection, and a 6 disc CD/DVD player with Bose audio that is excellent sounding. With the 320 HP stock it is a blast to drive. If you keep your foot out of it you get decent mileage (around 19-20) city and on the road trips I have gotten around 23. I agree that the CTS-V was my first choice but cost/mileage and the fact that I wanted to pay cash came into play for me.

Attachments

• 05 STS.jpg
    05 STS.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 650
Subaru Outback Wagons....seen a couple run low 7's in the 1/8. They take to mods the same way the WRX's do and are AWD also.