New 3.5" maf w/ translator and runs worse???please HELP!

Well, that's way too high! Needs to be 42-43

Posted to TurboBuick.com from my RAZR MAXX HD

Check wiring prob crossed. Happened to me, had to buy adapter and new maf

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

48 is high, sure, but it should make it run horribly....

so.. why is it so high, new fuel pump, regulator? what are you measuring it with (some of the cheap fuel pressure gauges are not so great)

anyway. what did you change from (chip / MAF, etc....) perhaps taking a step or 2 backwards to see what is happening.

check your bat volts on the scanmaster (you added the field fix module) I wonder if that is related.

what is your BLM at idle? the TT chips learn the idle fueling and then switch to open loop. this may need to be redone (reset the ecm, then go for a short drive)

Bob

Reset fuel pressure to 42#... Runs ok idles like crap....won't even stay running.....have had this problem whenever intake temp reaches 165 or higher ever since engine was rebuilt...mechanic said he was stumped....what to try next

'idles like crap' is kinda vague. 165 coolant temp or intake temp?

reset the ecm, unplug the O2 sensor and see how it runs.

Bob

Reset fuel pressure to 42#... Runs ok idles like crap....won't even stay running.....have had this problem whenever intake temp reaches 165 or higher ever since engine was rebuilt...mechanic said he was stumped....what to try next

so this issue is not specific to the translator and MAF installation?

B

Do you have dual fans? Is your cooling fan blowing across your air filter? What kind of intake setup do you have? Possible fan wash issue.. You said it runs like crap when it warms up, exactly when the fan turns on... I've had this problem before and ran like crap, couldn't go wot. Reinstalled my cold air kit with the filter behind the bumper and problem solved.

Do you have dual fans? Is your cooling fan blowing across your air filter? What kind of intake setup do you have? Possible fan wash issue.. You said it runs like crap when it warms up, exactly when the fan turns on... I've had this problem before and ran like crap, couldn't go wot. Reinstalled my cold air kit with the filter behind the bumper and problem solved.
Good point.

Since the issue has been there since the "rebuild", I'd suggest you re-install the stock parts and fix the issue, B4 adding more possibilities to the mix.......

Sorry I haven't responded in a few days, I have been in the hospital since early Monday morning after getting sick Sunday. Supposed uti....prostatitis. As soon as I am able, I will post plug results.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1393437956.983834.jpg

Sorry I haven't responded in a few days, I have been in the hospital since early Monday morning after getting sick Sunday. Supposed uti....prostatitis. As soon as I am able, I will post plug results. View attachment 215825

Damn dog. Get better soon! Thoughts and prayers brother.

Out of hospital....back to doctors though....getting infectious disease involved again....sick from complications from a rare ecoli in Nola after Katrina.....anyhow...spark plugs were bad...changed them...car idles but still tends to flood out especially on tip in during acceleration and braking .... What to try next?