Nerd at cubs game-pic

Chicago fans....

Are just looking for SOMEONE to blame on this. Nevermind the fact that the shortstop bobbled a routine ground ball. Nevermind the fact that Farnsworth...who is known to be a fastball pitcher in the mid to upper 90MPH range, was tossing up hanging offspeed stuff! That is why they were ripping him down the line! He was serving them meatballs up waist high to the heart of the Marlins line-up!
Face it Cubs fans...you had them down early and COULD NOT FINISH THE JOB!! Not the fans fault at all. ANYONE in his situation would have gone for ball as well. That is one of the perks of going to a ball game! If you watch the replay...as they showed/telestrated last night...EVERY person in his vicinity was going for the ball as well! Fans will be fans..plain and simple. At least the Cubs didnt have far to go when they left the stadium to get home huh? LOL :D

I fully agree Quikturbo, they were looking for a reason not to win, and someone other than a team member could be blamed for it. Chicago has to demand more from it's team, not blame a single fan that may have interferred with a foul ball. If the team would have done it's job, they would have been back into the game, and held the 3 run lead with 5 outs to go. They choked, plain and simple. They played with all the intensity that any Dusty Baker team will ever play, like they were loaded on valium. Chicago did just as the Giants did last year in game six. They were ahead, Speizio hit a three run homer and you could see right there, the Giants just gave up. If you ever get a chance to see Baker after that happened, you can see his resignation in his actions and on his face. Still up by 3 runs, and he is surrendering. Cub's have a very good base, they just need to learn, it is a TEAM sport, and you have to want it badly. But instead, the whole City is blaming some poor smuck that had no real effect on the game what so ever. DENIAL is a deep river to swim thru.

LMAO @ hockey. Brett hull is a moron, they can strike and no one will care. the only good thing about hockey is the trophy, Stanley!. What killed the cubs last night was everyone trying to hit homeruns!!!! i expect it from simon and sosa but kenny lofton should never hit a fly ball.

he's not all responsible, the ball was in the stands, he didn't reach over the wall!!!!!!! The cubs blew the game and if something like that "swayed" the momentum they should have lost. the goat of the series is the Cubs Short stop!! he tanked a routine DP ball. he makes that play and the marlins are going back to florida with no penant. No use crying over spilled milk. the cubs season is done, they went in the crapper for three games and its over. what are the excuses for last night? I was all for chicago but after the fans acted the way they did about that foul ball, i'm glad they lost. What a classless city to act like that.

EXCUSES EXCUSES.....that's all the guy is to Cub fans.
WATCH the film...he was one of what - 5 people going for it??? What about all the other people?

All the guy did is give Cub fans an excuse other than "WE SUCK AGAIN".
Wake up, if the Cubs had "it", they would have won PERIOD.
One play (not even a play) should not effect the total out come of a game...these are professionals - the need to be professional.

GOD I hate payed sports....

The one thing you can't take away from Hockey or Soccer it the atheticism. Those guys have to be top shape to skate or run like they do. Looking at baseball all I see a bunch of overweight cud chewing overpaid crybabies. Watching sports on tv has taken alot out of the excitement of the games. I like to watch nonpaid college sports. Those kids are playing for the game and put their heart and soul into it. Way more action and no whinning.

not all hockey players, but most earn every penny they make. hands down the toughest sport there is.

I will agree, hockey and soccer are tough sport, it just doesn't catch with me. As far as baseball players all being overweight cud chewing spud heads, not even close to being true. It may not be as fast moving as hockey or soccer, but is the closest thing out there to a human chess game there is. A lot of mentality required, even if they aren't all rocket scientist. When you watch the moves and instantanious decisions required, it is very intense. That and it is played in some of the nicest places in the world. Out doors, sunny days mostly, and beautifully manicured lawns, leaves you feeling like an afternoon in nature, except for the seeds and chew spit.

Bill buckner, everyone thinks he blew the WS, it was only game 6 thou

Not to mention the game was already tied at that point. Everyone forgets that Calvin Schiraldi (sp) threw a wild pitch to tie up the game just before that. And all that when the Red Sox had 2 outs, 2 strikes, 2 run lead , and no one on base. Mets scored 3 runs when they were 1 strike away from losing.

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
LMAO Trbon8r
I always could never understand people going to an Angel's game and cheering for the damn Yankee.
Mark

Ummm, I very rarely get to SoCal (anymore) to see an Angels game, but you'll never see me at an Angel's game cheering for the other team. I may live in NorCal, but I've been an Angels fan for almost 30 years.

if you need somebody to blame, blame the marlins only . cause they won game one, five, six, and seven. I didn't see that fan in those games. Also blame the pitcher for walking castillo after that foul ball , then gonzalez for that choke miss on that double play to end the inning. Also blame the Bullpen for walking then putting the ball in play. What happend in game seven cubs had there boy, wood on the mound. I think the just need a scape Goat....

You are so right Miami. It had nothing to do with a fan messing with a fowl ball, had nothing to do with the goat from long ago, or any other "curse" It was that the Marlin's wanted it more and they capitolized on several key physical and mental errors the Cub's made. That poor kid is being threatened with death, and not one person in the Chicago media has had the guts to stand up and say so. Oh well, with that mentallity, they will always be an also ran. Their only curse is that they can't get past themselves. Mark

what i think is the worst about it is that the cubs won't help the guy out. I mean i heard even gonzalez blaming the cub fan after that game when it was his fualt they didn't get out of the inning from him droping that doulbe play ball. I really wish that was me who cought that ball and told the cubs to f--k themselves for leaving me out to hang like that...