Negative battery cable

DOUGGN

Kinda dumb question - can anyone tell me or have a picture of the proper attaching location for the negative battery cable? Was checking something else on the car and I saw it just hanging there by the motor mount/exhaust header vicinity - I don't even see how the car runs like that!

Just to cut down on the smart responses - I'm not referring to the end that attaches to the negative post on the battery!:)

Is there another negative battery cable attached somewhere else? If so, you might want to just run one ground to the proper location as stated above. Reason I say this is because there is another thread where Mikester2 explains about engine grounds and sensor grounds. You don't want to combine the two.

Is there another negative battery cable attached somewhere else? If so, you might want to just run one ground to the proper location as stated above. Reason I say this is because there is another thread where Mikester2 explains about engine grounds and sensor grounds. You don't want to combine the two.

Looks like my bolt just came loose and fell out - which would explain why the cable was just hanging there. I didn't know where the proper attaching point was until Whitehot1 informed me. I got a bolt and put it back in place. I was just suprised that the car function with the cable totally disconnected.

Same thing happened to me. At one point, someone disconnected that cable and never put it back. The screw was still there though. I also wondered how the car ran without that cable attached. Its the battery ground cable for crying out loud!

Easy answer, that little that's attached to the - battery cable at the battery and attached to the inner fender near by. That's where it's getting its ground.
Not good but works unless you do a lot of starter cranking! Which will heat up or burn that little wire.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.