Need your opinion

HRobertson1

I worked some overtime (car funds) this week, and need a opinion on where I should go next. I was planning on going with the Razr Alky kit, but I do not have an adjustable wastegate. As far as I can tell I still have the stock one (just a straight rod with no threads). From what I have read, theres no sense in getting the Alky when I cant change the boost, Any suggestions on a replacement? I put what i've done so far in my sig.

Thanks,

Henry

I worked some overtime (car funds) this week, and need a opinion on where I should go next. I was planning on going with the Razr Alky kit, but I do not have an adjustable wastegate. As far as I can tell I still have the stock one (just a straight rod with no threads). From what I have read, theres no sense in getting the Alky when I cant change the boost, Any suggestions on a replacement? I put what i've done so far in my sig.

Thanks,

Henry

Another option..

Boost Controller

If your going to get the stock style actuator, make sure its a HD version if you plan more than 20 PSI.

cheaper still install a bleeder
go to home depot and pickup an icemaker inline valve ,
tee it into the line going to the stock boost solenoid (just need a 5/32 tee and a short piece of hose)

closed (fully turned clockwise ) it will have same boost as stock, open it and boost will go up (turn open a little at a time and test until desired boost is reached )

cheaper still make your fixed rod adjustable

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/Adj_wastegate.JPG

Just make sure you are watching for knock/detonation when playing with the boost controllers.

Henry, I have boost controllers on the shelf ready to go. Stop by tomorrow if you have a chance, I've made some headway on my car. Was hoping to make Cars N Coffee in the AM but not going to happen.

Simply call Razor.

All of your questions will be answered honestly and with your best intersets at heart.

DO IT!