Need trunk/sub box pics

gn1220

Still don't have a box in my trunk because I still can't decide what to put in. I have the carpeted trunk kit from Poston's and I would like the box to fit in the trunk like it belongs there, not some ugly thing thrown in to hold the speakers. Also, I'm not sure what size subs to use. I don't need to wake the neighbors, too much of that in high school, poor hearing to prove it, but I would like the potential to hit if I want. Mainly listen to Tool, Korn, stuff like that, some rap but sometimes Jazz and soft rock, a little bit of everything. I plan on pushing the subs with my old school Orion 2125. Any tips or pics?

Thanks Neil, I'll let you know when I'm ready. I might ask for help with the DIY alky kit first:D

hey man, i dont know what setup you are doing but i have a custom built box that i made to fit my gn that ive been wanting to sell. if you are thinkin of going with one 12 itd be great for you. it's about 1.25 cu ft, fits on the opposite side from the spare tire, and sounds great. I had a kappa perfect 12 in it and everyone thought it was more than just one 12. let me know if you're interested at all and i can send you a pic via e-mail. oh yea, its carpeted in black (of course) :cool: take it easy,
Taylor

Taylor, could you please send pics with a price? Maybe I could re-think my design. Thanks, Mike:)

trunk pic

Here is a pic of a car I just completed. Not a GN. Used the spare tire hole as enclosure for the subs. Two 10" Memphis "M-Class" on MTX 502 and a 35X4 MTX running Memphis 6X9 and JL 4" component set in back and Clarion 6-1/2" component set in front.

Trunk Pic

I'll be doing my Buick soon and I'll post pics of it.

trunk pic

Here is a pic of a car I just completed. Not a GN. Used the spare tire hole as enclosure for the subs. Two 10" Memphis "M-Class" on MTX 502 and a 35X4 MTX running Memphis 6X9 and JL 4" component set in back and Clarion 6-1/2" component set in front.

Trunk Pic

trunk pic

Trunk Pic

8UWITH6

could you tell me the exact dementions of the enclousure you made and do you know if 2 12's would fit in it ?

what is the edges of your amp rack made of ? it appears as though you could actuially lay a peice of plexi glass in the in-lay on the edges to protect the amp's (with the right ventilation ofcorse)
and what are the side boards made out of (that cover the spare and the dead space on the drivers side)
what holds all this stuff down ?

Wow, having internet turned off for 2 weeks sucks!

Gbodyolds,

I dont have exact dimensions at this time, and no 2 12s will not fit, it is not tall enough. I have been thinking about doing another enclosure with 2 12s vs the 3 10s, but I have other things that need my attention as you can see from my sig.

The amp box/rack is made of 1/4" mdf or partical board, I cant remember. It is 3 pieces glued and screwed together, each one being 1/4" taller than the next. The lowest level was planned for plexi, then the other one for a carpeted cover board. Obviously I have not got that far. It is held down by 2 very short sheet metal screws into the trunk floor, obviously being aware of the gas tank below. The sides of the trunk are just the factory carpet kit covers that came in the car/with the car. I plan on making a "false floor" someday, but again, I have other priorities. If you have any other questions let me know, I should have my internet back in a few days. *fingers crossed*

the amp rack sounds like a pretty simple design now that i know how you got the step for the cover as for the box i really like your design if you have some time and dont mind i would appreciate some dementions and possibly some more detailed pics if thats possible. did you leave the rear speakers in the factory location ?

Rear speakers are in factory spot. The box butts up against them, then goes down, angles back, and then straight back to the back seat and down. Kinda hard to explain. But basically the box is build around them. HTH, measurements soon.