need speed

fkdttype

i went to the track for the first timelast night and ran a
13.4 at 100mph.not happy want to go faster.any suggestions would be helpful.

Combo Stock? or Stage?:confused: :D

If stock, then get the basic mods:fuel pump,scantool,AFPR,adj. wastegate,K&N,chip,lots n lots you can do.

Need more info on what your goals are and what has been done already.

Bo

i have chip with pinwheel fuel pumpand a secondary pump
k&n 2. how about a bigger intercooler ?

You don't need a bigger intercooler if you are going to speed some money buy a te44 and bigger injectors and a new chip around $1000.00 new and you will go fast.

what kind of chip or name of chip.what size injectors?just got car dont know much about turbo cars.thank you for your help.

Go to gnttype.org and read EVERYTHING. Do the spring cleaning if you just got the car. There is a recipie section showing what it takes for a 13 second, 12 second and 11 second ride with one reipie building on the other. You can make an adjustable wastegate actuator for under $5.00 and turn up the boost for more power.

But before you try to go any faster, read everything AND - I can't emphasize this enough - GET A SCAN TOOL!!!

something right

I just took my T-type to the track this Sunday and my car is pretty stock w/ just a few upgrades. everything is stock accept the following:

K&N open filter, turbo dump tube, 19psi of boost, 340 w/ hot wire, 160 stat, 235/60/15 drag radials, red 107 race chip and a 93 street chip, air bags, afpr, ported intercooler inlet. trans shift kit.

I launched the car at 5psi and cut a 1.74 60ft and ran a 12.2@111. I weighed it at 3636 w/driver.
The car has 350,789 miles on it and all that I know was done to the motor is the top end rebuilt. I have great oil pressure, and all my runs I had like at most 3 counts of knock on the OTC.

I just want you to know it dont take much to go fast with these cars so play around but dont get caught up in buying all sorts of go fast part to go 12s.

DCVING, sounds like you have more work in the motor than you think or your boost guage is wrong....If the motor was worked on then ported heads and cam could be the result of the time or your boost gauge is not showing accurate psi... just guessing from your superb time.

Congrats tho.

Bo

anything is possible

I am sure there might be more than I know, I just bought the car like 4 weeks ago and he only knew that the top end had been redone but to no detail. The boost however is correct I do have direct scan and I have used other meathods to measure it. I will keep updating as I find out more info on the motor- ( I have the contact of the previous owners now) thanks for the congrats. I was very pleased and I cant wait till 10/31 when I put on the slicks and boost the hell out of it on the line and run about 22psi.

Slicks and 24 psi and your face will look like this:D

You seem to be doing very well with a car relitivly new to you.... Welcome!

Bo

I'm actually the previous owner of this White T. This car doesn't have any cam or head work done to it that I know of. I will say this thoguh, I know own a TTA now and it doesn't feel no where near as fast as that White T did. Maybe it did have something I wasn't aware of.......

Just remember this cars odometer has turned over 3 times.

someone i know is selling a tc or te 51 turbo.he wants about 550.00 for it.is this a good price and will i have to change anything on my car to put it on?