Need some TCC help

raflyer

I have an 87GN 77K miles, car is bone stock. I have no TCC lock-up. I tried shorting the ALDL with no luck. Replaced TCC solenoid, shorted ALDL and can hear the TCC solenoid clicking on in the trans. Still no lock-up. I am hitting 2300-2500 @ 65mph, tap brakes to verify. What else could it be?

If it is the converter, what would you all recommend for a replacement. I am building this into a low 12 sec car that will be daily driven.
Thanks,
Rob

Well i tried a new converter, 2 solenoids, manual switch, and still no TCC lock-up!!
What next?

raflyer said:
Well i tried a new converter, 2 solenoids, manual switch, and still no TCC lock-up!!
What next?

I went through this years ago....the clutch in the tc had actually given up the ghost. I haven't heard of too many that go bad though.

Since you've done all humanly possible in replacing everything, there's one more place to look.

Under your steering column there's the brake switch and the converter unlock switch. Look under there and see the switches the brake pedal rests against. Should be two switches. Sometimes the tc unlock switch moves so it "thinks" your brake is being applied and won't allow the connection to the converter to be made.

A simple fix is just an adjustment of the switch. First take the car out and while at cruise speed of about 60, try hooking your foot UNDER the brake pedal and pulling up on it. That sometimes allows the connection to be made.

Or someone had changed out the lockup converter to a non lockup. Has it ever locked up?

Thanks for the tip, i'll re-check it again.

It still could be in the pump assembly but what a long shot.

I just bought the car and noticed the TCC on a hi-way trip. Previous owner did allot of city driving and never noticed it not working.

?

If you put in a know GOOD convertor and tried the 1/4 in. check ball in the top of solenoid and still no lockup, you have a pump problem. I believe I already mentioned this.

Lee Thompson said:
If you put in a know GOOD convertor and tried the 1/4 in. check ball in the top of solenoid and still no lockup, you have a pump problem. I believe I already mentioned this.

Didn't try the 1/4" check ball trick. I'll try that one next. Thanks!
Rob