Need some serious help

GNAT87

Alright here is my story......thursday night im driving down the road and I make a pull everything was fine, 26 lbs pulling hard, so later on I do it again and it was pulling fine and the out of no where I hear a pop and sputter. I pull over check everything, no oil in coolant, no coolant in oil so I carry on. I never got in it again until today. So today Ive fixed all my little annoying things like speedo cable and such. Take it out cruise for maybe 10 minutes and decide to make a blast and see what it does....Half throttle pulls good but when at WOT it is doing some sputtering and not pulling very hard. Car shows no knock at all. Good cool weather down here with all the methanol in the world

A little background....motor is completely built with all the good parts and tuned by Jack Cotton about 1 to 2 months ago. Nothing has changed since Jack tuned it. Good safe tune, not pushing it too hard. Me and Jack made tons of passes in the car while he was here. I think ive blown a hose of or something. Im about 95% sure it isnt a head gasket. Ive checked all intercooler piping and everything else I can think of. Am i missing anything?

Im sorry for the novel guys just a little freaked out. If anyone needs anymore info let me know.

Thanks everyone in advance, any and all help/opinions is greatly appreciated

Taylor:mad: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

If you hear any hissing, like a vac. leak on boost, check for a split in the IC hoses. I may have seen this before...:rolleyes:

Check your plugs? Maybe one burned. I would check plugs, while I do a compression test...

Yeah I'm definately going to check the pugs and do the compression test in the morning. Once I do that I'll hook the laptop up and try it out and post it. I don't have any logs yet but I will tomorrow I didn't get the chance today. I appreciate everyones help this has been stressing me out.

Thanks again, Taylo

Well so far ive pulled the plugs and they seem to look fine. Plug 6 was covered with oil on the threads. When i layed them out on paper i noticed the glitter look from what I have in my coolant to seal the leaking cometics does that mean anything or could the coolant have dripped down around the plug and when i pulled it out maybe it mixed a little?

here is a couple of pictures

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/GnatZ71/photo-8.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/GnatZ71/photo-10.jpg

Going out in a sec to do a compression test

What NGK plug do some of you guys run and what gap? .32?
Are the NGK's better than the Autolite 103's?

Oh when I saw the coolant with oil on the paper I went back and checked my oil and coolant and it still looks normal

Thanks guys for the help so far. Keep it coming I need all I can get

Thanks again, Taylor

After you check everything else make sure the crank sensor is not touching the reluctor ring on the balancer. That would make it pop through the exhaust.

thanks Turbo 6 i checked the gaps and #6 and #1 was at .36-.37 would that cause the spark to blow out? the rest were at .32

Damon what brand plug hurt that stroker motor?

NGK.
When I had gn1's I ran Autolite Racing 3932's I think. Call me tonight if you still have my number. If not pm me yours.

Did you hook up your laptop yet? When my car popped and sputtered, it was my TPS sensor. Recently my car just sputtered when in boost (around 10 psi) on a regular basis. So I ran Directscan and saw my O2 mv reading 0 at times. So I think I need a new O2 sensor. TPS sensor seems to be fine, no dead spots.

If a hose blew off wouldn't BLM's be affected? Directscan (or laptop program) should tell the story in a hurry.