Need some help, car wont go over 2200rpm and 2#boost

CGASTON

Trying to figure out my issue and I am hoping it is not what I am thinking. I hope that it isn't my torque convertor. I bought a 9" 3500 stall from Extreme Automatics last summer. I know that you are probably saying why did it you so long for addressing this issue. Well over the past year I have been really sick and pissed off at the car. It isn't easy getting parts for these car in AZ. Hell it has taken me since March 2012 to get my DP, actuator, and turbo issue fixed. Not to forget trying to learn the GEN II, which I am still doing. So I can honestly say that I havent driven the car except for a mile or so around the block; right after I converted to E85.

So here is the issue. As I go to torque up the car and try to test my new DP/Actuator setup, my car will not rev more than 2200rpms (even with the gas all the way to the floor). At this point, I am and can not make more than 2# of boost. I currectly have an TT E85 chip in the car. Did have a Extender Extreme G that I had to send back to Bob. My WB will register 13.5 A/F at idle and as I torque up the car, the WB registers 11+A/F. Reason that I say plus, is that the gauge will not register anything more than 11. On my PL, MY tps @ idle is .42v, IAC is 20, my O2 are around 800, my BLM is 130.

So if anyone has any ideas, similar experience, and experience with the GEN II.... Please help on this.

how is it running otherwise? When you brake torque it, is it running smoothly or sputtering? (do you think its hitting all 6 cylinders?)

(You should be getting your extreme chip back soon)

Post a PL log

B

It is running great... No fluttering, no missing!!! And when in park she rev quick and mean. I first thought it was the running so fat that it was flooding out. But the reading don't say that. Everything is in range. So I am thinking that convertor has to be too tight.

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick

Cool on the chip, I will let you know when I get it.

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick

It is running great... No fluttering, no missing!!! And when in park she rev quick and mean. I first thought it was the running so fat that it was flooding out. But the reading don't say that. Everything is in range. So I am thinking that convertor has to be too tight.

How's it respond when you punch it from a roll?

Was the converter looser and then get tight, or has it always been this way?

Yes, it seems very tight, assuming the engine is making proper torque (thus the question about how it is running) then it sounds like your converter is wrong.

Bob

I will try to hit it from a run tomorrow. I am a little P:mad:ssed right now. Why I haven't run it Bob is that I had to send my turbo to John Craig to get it converted so that I can run an internal gate. So I been trying to boost it so that I can make sure that everything is in working order before I take it out and have issues. I seem to have the worst luck on this car. It is my vise.... I should name it "CHRISTINE"

its a reasonable idea, to get other pairs of eyes aimed at your stuff......

B

YEAH, but it is a long hall to Phoenix with a car trailer.... Maybe I could get Nick here?

I may think about it though

I'm not that familiar with your area.

Who else is out that way that can contribute eyes and ears to the diagnostics and tuning?

B

Nick is the closest... 3.5 hrs away!!!

Nick is the closest... 3.5 hrs away!!!

"Ya takes yer money and ya takes yer chances....."

That's the way it is in a military town......

Yeah... But I like to believe that I am smart that the most. There no one around here that tunes cars like we do. They don't even know; unless you want to count turbo neons and imports with nitro.

Sucks being the only one!

Make a video and post it. I bet your problem could be diagnosed, or at least narrowed down, on the forum.

I think your problem is something secret. You should remove that. There's been alot of issues with something secret not working they way they were designed.

CGaston... I was going to sugst the video, thats a great idea credit Pmoore!!!.. I wanted to say havn another set of eyes is the way too go, not all too long ago that saved me ALOT of money... Good Luck

I'm having similar problems with mine and still trying to fix it. Does yours sound like a rev limiter at that rpm? Have you checked your spark plugs after it does it?