need some help 86 gn

tommydamic68

ok,ill try this again,any helpwould be appreciated,,just bought 86 gn.always owned chevy 350,s.new to the turbo.id like to list what this guy put in car and maybe you could help me identify what kind of power im running here.your help would be appreciated.im listing this off of a receipt from his mechanic shop.translator maf converter,lt-1 maf sensor,te 60 .63 exhaust turbo,lt.duty turbo acuator,10"h/s lock-up torque onverter 2800 stall,50 lb street chip,he also says it has 50 lb injectors,how do i know?also included was a scanmaster,what should my readings be with this setup?any help would be greatful,thanks tom

Quick Reference Page For the '86/'87 Turbo Regals and '89 Turbo T/A

Power is dependent on how much boost you can run.
Just guessing but a TE60 with 93 octane you might run 16psi boost which might get you a high 13 sec in the 1/4.
The same turbo with race gas or alky @ 27psi might get you a mid 11 second ride.

Do get a car running right you need good plugs, wires, and all sensors working and in spec.

ok,ill try this again,any helpwould be appreciated,,just bought 86 gn.always owned chevy 350,s.new to the turbo.id like to list what this guy put in car and maybe you could help me identify what kind of power im running here.your help would be appreciated.im listing this off of a receipt from his mechanic shop.translator maf converter,lt-1 maf sensor,te 60 .63 exhaust turbo,lt.duty turbo acuator,10"h/s lock-up torque onverter 2800 stall,50 lb street chip,he also says it has 50 lb injectors,how do i know?also included was a scanmaster,what should my readings be with this setup?any help would be greatful,thanks tom

Welcome, tom! You may never go back to that 350.....

Scanmaster info:
http://www.fullthrottletech.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=172&d=1135610103

Translator info (you need to find out which translator you have):
Vechicle Specific MAF-Translator - Full Throttle Speed Tech Support

If your chip is for 50lb injectors, then your injectors are probably the same. Get the numbers off the injectors and chip and post the info here.

ES1 has it correct- hp is a factor of boost, fuel and timing. It's really easy to throw a bunch of parts at these cars, and go SLOWER.

thanks guys

thanks guys.i know he said he was running 16lb boost.i guess once i get her fixed up ill see how fast she is.

If you look at my sig, its pretty close to what you have.:cool: I used 23-24# of boost

thanks guys.i know he said he was running 16lb boost.i guess once i get her fixed up ill see how fast she is.

Good call- before you go and turn up the boost, take the time to understand the relationship between boost and hp......it's real easy to get addicted to boost, and then make plans to puill the engine.....:eek: