Need reputable engine builder near Columbus,Oh area

Any reputable machine shop should be able to help you out. Nothing magical inside.

How many turbo Buick V-6 engine builds have you personally dealt with for yourself or others?

Certainly an engine machine shop/builder should be "reputable", but there is also another important factor, you should also include "experience".

Lots of shops think building an engine that is a 50 year old design is a piece of cake, but when the HP and performance level is tripled or more, there are many little nuances that determine reliability long life, and that is knowledge gained from experience! ;)

How many turbo Buick V-6 engine builds have you personally dealt with for yourself or others?

Certainly an engine machine shop/builder should be "reputable", but there is also another important factor, you should also include "experience".

Lots of shops think building an engine that is a 50 year old design is a piece of cake, but when the HP and performance level is tripled or more, there are many little nuances that determine reliability long life, and that is knowledge gained from experience! ;)

Nick is correct ,Including the oiling tricks,rod cap alignment,Thrust mods,rear seal measures, among others.most of this is done in the assembly however a machine shop need to know how to do the proper measuring also .

YES.. as I found out the hard way! 'Experience is KEY... .. especially when changing/upgrading 'internal parts ..that effect balance/oil flow! You need two skill people with turbo v6 experience; An engine builder and .. an engine balancer... plus get references from their customers...

Nick your a wealth of knowledge but go back and read the original post. He's looking for a machine shop to rebuild a stock engine with the addition of balancing the rotating assembly. If a machine shop can't do that to a GM 3.8 they wouldn't be in business. Nowhere is he asking for a stroked 9 second capable long block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't just let anyone work on these engines!!...as I'm finding out.
The decision you have to make is so incredibly easy. You live in Ohio which means you live in a state that one of the top turbo Buick builders lives in with one of the longest records of success. You can find someone just as good in another state,but not better. Bill at weber racing is a very conscientious person who will stay in contact with you during the whole rebuild process. FYI,if there is one thing that they excel at,it's balancing. (440) 327-7702

Red Armstrong lives in Olmsted Falls,Ohio. There is no one in the turbo Buick community with more wisdom than Red. If I were you,I would give him a call for advise. He loves to share his wisdom. (440) 235-3232

The decision you have to make is so incredibly easy. You live in Ohio which means you live in a state that one of the top turbo Buick builders lives in with one of the longest records of success. You can find someone just as good in another state,but not better. Bill at weber racing is a very conscientious person who will stay in contact with you during the whole rebuild process. FYI,if there is one thing that they excel at,it's balancing. (440) 327-7702

Red Armstrong lives in Olmsted Falls,Ohio. There is no one in the turbo Buick community with more wisdom than Red. If I were you,I would give him a call for advise. He loves to share his wisdom. (440) 235-3232

Thank you ..for the numbers... Its been along time since I heard ' Red Armstrong... and the "Buick National days..Will try to go this year
once I get my engine on track... thanks again

I took my first 109 to a reputable machine shop here in Pittsburgh. They proceeded to overbore the block for the pistons they ordered, tigweld the thrust surface on a cast crank they knew I was gonna put power to, and knurl the edges of my billet caps I bought brand new so they would fit in the block tighter.

What did you decide? I had a retired GM engineer build my engine. No doubt I could have put it together, but no way I was going to chance it with all the money I have invested. Have a bunch of pics, but it would be wrong to pimp them out in your post........oh well I'm going to anyway.