need referral on buick 6 experienced machine shops in michigan

threerail

looking for a shop i can trust to properly clearance a girdled 109 block for me, someone that really knows theses buick sixes, that can PROPERLY line bore and install girdle, and target some tight bearing clearances for me, looking mostly in metro detroit area, but will travel some for the right shop, someone reasonable would be a definite plus as well, thanks guys

I think I would just bite the bullet and put it on a pallet and ship it to a known builder and know that it is done right. It will not cost that much to ship both directions. To cheap out on the block could be disastrous and cost you many times what the shipping will cost you up front, plus the frustration of having to do it again. It just isn't worth the small cost. You can try contacting Don Cruz to see if he has time for it.

Bryan

whites went under, heard they had problems too, keep the replies coming, gotta be some around michigan, thanks guys

I gotta agree with phoneguy, when you send it to a buick master, you not only get a built motor but most of them will follow up with you if you have any questions or problems.

I'd call Mike Licht at Full Throttle in Fraser, or Bruce at Aggressive Auto in Clinton Township and see who they recommend locally.

whites went under, heard they had problems too, keep the replies coming, gotta be some around michigan, thanks guys
This is completely untrue and not even sure where you are getting your information or why you would post something like this without having all the facts. I am good friends with Dan White and know he has had some health issues, but his son Chris is running the shop and if is very much open for business. Maybe you should check your facts before posting about a business like this? It looks like you have already made up your mind on this, good luck finding someone to work on your motor.