Restoring an 85 T type. Need Machine work Huntsville, AL area.

GS70350

Round Headlights.Like em?
Hey guys. I was involved in an accident with my 84 Ttype and after settling up with the insurance company I fixed my 84 to a driveable state and used the remainder of the money to purchase yet another T. This one is a 85 with the original hot-air motor. It was apparently modified by the same people who worked on my 84 in the late 80s/early 90s somewhere around Bham, Alabama and exhibited much of the same modifications that were present on my 84, with most being sourced from Conleys Performance in TX.

I bought the car from a man who purchased it from a friend, who lost oil pressure while driving or racing. He bought the car and changed the oil thinking he could get it to run again, and without oil pressure it spun two rod bearings during the time he ran it, scoring the crankshaft.

Ive pulled the motor and transmission out of the car and ive got the engine disassembled and im debating over who/where to take the rotating assembly to so that i can have the crank turned, the rods reconditioned, and the assembly balanced. Im going to reinstall it in the engine with the stock pistons and rings and go for a nice budget fix here.

I guess my question is, does anyone know of a reputable machine shop in the North Alabama region who has experience with these motors and who can tackle the work properly. I have the Buick Power Source manual and I know how important bearing clearances are, etc, so im really just looking here for a referral. If I had the machines to do it, id do all the work myself.

Also if anyone knows who may have done most of the modifications(early 90s, late 80s in Bham) id like to get in touch with them, as both of my T types were modified by them and id love to get some history about the cars since both came with no docs.

Thanks guys.