Need opinions....

CanVan87GN

Hello fellow members!:) My question is very specific to my car. My 87 GN is my daily driver (business car). It is lowered 2" all around with drop spindles up front. I have bashed in my Hooker mufflers and they are strating to hang down more. Now, my qusetion to you. I feel I need a cross flow system for my GN to avoid the mufflers getting hit on whatever. For running on the street only, would the Flowmaster Cat back be OK for my purpose? I can get it at cost for $220.00 canadian ($150.00 american). Thanks.

Shaun:cool:

ATR 3" SS crossflow system. Sounds mean almost fit perfectly ;) and is a good business writeoff. :D

Have it on the GN. :cool:

Thanks Salvage. I have heard that is the best cross flow system. I think it would cost me a good $1,000 Canadian if I went that route. I checked the site. Are there any other cross flow systems that are good? I will take it that is a no for the flowmaster system, eh? Thanks.

There is an outside chance you might find an ATR system used like I did. In stainless that means it still looks and works like new. :)

Maybe someone upgrading their combo. and needs more flow like the old noise single shot. ;)

Yeah $1000 in any money is a lot. :eek:

I don't know anything about the flowmaster systems.

Shaun, How are ya buddy!! I know what it is like scrapping the exhaust! Mine seems to drag more where I have my Test pipe flange. My Buddy Branden at Meridian Parts at one time gave the same price for the system as you. I passed as it was a more "stock" system. I did not end up going mandrel bends and had it done By Scotty at Carline in Maple Ridge. The mufflers are up high and have not had a problem dragging, and you know my cars pretty damn low;) Branden ended up quoting around $500 for the HOoker setup if you wish. Good luck buddy! Mike

Thanks again

Thanks again Salvage. I will try to find a used one on this board. If anyone has one great! Mike! Nice to hear from ya! I like the idea of the "stock" system because the muffler is up high with only pipe under the passenger compartment where the mufflers go with the Hooker and other dual set ups. The flowmaster set up is mandrel bent and if I can still run my 18#'s on the street I will be fine. Noise and drone are not a main concern. Cheers!

Shaun