Need opinions on engine reliability at this level.

cool 84

Got hotair?
I decided to step it up again due to some good luck. I need to know if my motor will live with my combo or if I should keep the boost down.

Combo is as follows: 4.1 block .030 with girdle, stock polished and shotpeened rods, Ross forged pistons, total seal rings, stock shotpeened crank+.001 (not 10 under), TE64, V1hotair intake (~300 CFM a runner), ported GN1s, 212-212 Comp cam, 3" DP, External gate, Ford FM IC, 62mm TB, and all the usual stuff.

With the girdle I think the block will be ok but what level do the rods and crank fail at? It seems like I remember someone making 700hp with the stock internals in a stage block so I should be well within the safe range. I would like to run it mostly on 100octane ~20-22psi boost with an occasional high boost run at the track. I know people have gone 9s on mostly stock stuff and they always seem to crack the main webbing or worse sooner or later. Assuming the girdle takes care of that problem and the boost stays fairly conservative with no detonation, should this combo be reliable in a daily driver? I tend to get on it a lot (lots of rice) so figure at least 2 runs a day. I would like this to be a 100,000 mile motor.

One more thing, I haven't gotten the injectors yet. Any recommendations? Smog is not a problem :) .

I think I need some of what you are smoking:rolleyes: :D 100k miles? You will blow it up, blow a head gasket or worse so just enjoy it while it lasts!

How much is 100 octane in your area? $3.00 gallon for 100k miles is a lot.

The only way you will see 100k would be to run a near stock turbo and keep it below 20psi.

Why not get alcohol injection?