Need new valve springs what ones should i get?

Put it in the oven?

This is a goofy suggestion. The springs are heat-treated and tempered at the factory (that's what makes them springs, as opposed to a coil of wire that crushes the first time you compress it), and you need to get steel a lot hotter than you'll find on top of a head to do anything to the metal.
I Just went through this myself. I called up Nick Micale, and he sent me a set of his VS739R valve springs which was also suggested by Mike Kurtz who installed them at his shop in Richmond, TX. These springs are both readily available, and inexpensive. Noticeably improved power a bit down low, and on the top end. Otherwise the car retains the stock valvetrain cam etc.

Where did u buy them from? what pound rating do they have & how much $?
I bought my valve springs, and timing chain set from Nick Micale who owns Arizona GN. As you know he has been building these cars from mild to wild for over 25 plus years now. Its best to call, or shoot Nick an email to get the specs, and pound rating, (I am still learning these cars), but I think that they were around 40 bucks, or less.

Just go with what Bison has ready for ya. 980's with data sheet, what more would you need.

Joe

Just go with what Bison has ready for ya. 980's with data sheet, what more would you need.

Joe

I don't think he's looking for an answer at this point. He's looking for reassurance, an atta boy, and possibly a free set of springs.

buickGN3:16 said:
Bison how much are u asking for your 980 springs u have?

$60 with the heights/pressure data sheet, all the info is there. All you'd need to do is shim to the heights I listed for each spring.

Springs,whose pressures are checked at specific heights. Priceless! There's nothing else that matters. There's no guessing. You can't get new springs with this information.

Ttype6 said:
Springs,whose pressures are checked at specific heights. Priceless! There's nothing else that matters. There's no guessing. You can't get new springs with this information.

Checked on turbobitt's Larson spring tester which is a very high quality digital tester that is much nicer than the common Rimac units. All the springs I sell as checked are done this way. No guessing about what they are or if they are enough.

Hey Brian, if you still have these spring with data next week, i'll gladly take for my 208/208 FT cam.

Joe

The spring tester is awsome, isn't it !!! Just in case anyone doesn't think were serious about what we are doing.
Allan G.

Buick (39).JPG

something tells me you are not finding that tool at the corner repair shop.... Why buy springs anywhere else

Hey Brian, if you still have these spring with data next week, i'll gladly take for my 208/208 FT cam.

Joe
I have an endless supply of springs with data sheets. No need to worry about that.

Ok cool, my 980's came as is, like most buy them.

In that case, i'll sell mine, and step up a little for my cam, ill be ordering from you this week then.

Joe