Need help no boost on line at track last night

flowerpower

Well......Heres the best time of the night....I know its just the 1st time down to the track but it makes me a little mad.....heres the time slip

R\T...512
60'....2.384
1\8...9.981
MPH...77.94
1\4....14.876
MPH...101.55

Heres what I've done,TE60 with 3" down pipe and external wastgate 50lbs injs, fmic, 4" MAF from full throttle with the MAF Translators, RJC power plate,SMC "older one", orange stripe,knock gage"led one",new springs........:rolleyes: I think thats it.....

I couldnt bulid any boost at the line ....:mad: ...it went to a 1 or 2lbs and the tires started to sipn.....I got 3 runs in and the most boost I got "and I think I broke the adjuster for the regular turning it up" was 19lbs of boost....
the down pipe is a 2 piece external and I dont know who made the wastegate ......is there different color springs in it to tell what lbs spring I have?....But my BIGGEST thing was the very slow buliding of boost....by 1\2 way down it really spooled....lol...

WHAT A NIGHT.......LOL....LOL..Well 1st time to the track with the car I seen it coming

Heres the power looger file
Well it wonlt let me ...need a little help there too...lol....lol...

Well......Heres the best time of the night....I know its just the 1st time down to the track but it makes me a little mad.....heres the time slip

R\T...512
60'....2.384
1\8...9.981
MPH...77.94
1\4....14.876
MPH...101.55

Heres what I've done,TE60 with 3" down pipe and external wastgate 50lbs injs, fmic, 4" MAF from full throttle with the MAF Translators, RJC power plate,SMC "older one", orange stripe,knock gage"led one",new springs........:rolleyes: I think thats it.....

I couldnt bulid any boost at the line ....:mad: ...it went to a 1 or 2lbs and the tires started to sipn.....I got 3 runs in and the most boost I got "and I think I broke the adjuster for the regular turning it up" was 19lbs of boost....
the down pipe is a 2 piece external and I dont know who made the wastegate ......is there different color springs in it to tell what lbs spring I have?....But my BIGGEST thing was the very slow buliding of boost....by 1\2 way down it really spooled....lol...

WHAT A NIGHT.......LOL....LOL..Well 1st time to the track with the car I seen it coming

Heres the power looger file
Well it wonlt let me ...need a little help there too...lol....lol...

Sounds like your rear brakes aren't able to hold against the boost as it comes up.

Did you do a burn out?

If yes, do you have a line lock?

If no, then your rear brakes are being heated too much trying to do a burn out. They must remain cold to enhance their holding power.

Will add more as this thread progresses. Your converter might also be a bit too tight to allow much foot brake boost.

No powerlogger file attached.

Your 60 ft is pretty slow! Same as mine when I had a leak. Also, when you say cant build boost do you mean you could hit 10-15 instantly if the tires held or do you mean its really slow to build boost & a few lbs is all you can get? (from your 60 I lean that way) If so then you have an exhaust leak from header or I bet (like mine) a leak from turbo to header. I couldnt build boost & when I did it took all day! As mentioned the Line lock is needed along with soft shoes & S-10 cylinders to help hold on the line. Off a foot brake I can hold around 15 lbs with Vac brakes. Too much boost as it fries the tires but I can do it easily & quickly if I want to. Let us know?

I just had the rear and front breaks done last Monday with new wheel cylinders...I have new headers and got the better v-clamps and band for the crossover....so no leak...that run your seeing is with street tires that I heated up just a little...."No big smokey"

It was like 1 or 2lbs foot breaking before tire spinning then it took till a little less then 1\2 way down before the boost got to around 19lbs and stayed there......I said ok the 02s look good and 0 knock I'll turn the boost up but the "air compressor style" regulator wouldn't go past 19-20lbs.. the boost was really slow to build of the line..

I just had my brother put the orange stripe converter in it Wed ....it was used..

how do I add the pl file .... I tried the Attach Files and it said wrong type of file ...I think...
Thanks for the help guys ...

PL saves files as .dat files. A very common file type, but for some odd reason this board doesn't include .dat files in the attachable types. :confused:

Who did your rear brakes?

well hands were crushed in punch press ...sooooo I had carx my wifes kin works there ....he runs a nova...

I posted the samething on full throttle with the pl file....
I'm still thinking bigger stall.....O-yea I put "with help from wife" a new vac for the breaks.....the car stops on a dime....

Is there different color springs in the w/g or is there a different regular? that will let the boost get higher?