Need help Decoding VIN 1986 GN - new purchase

I need assistance decoding a VIN to confirm that this car is in fact a GN or possibly Turbo T. Hoping to finalize deal tomorrow but need help with this VIN. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1G4GM47A7GP459533

Wrecked turbo car, drive line into a v8 body = fake.
What does the trunk sticker say? Vin there match dash?

IMG_0148.JPG
Wrecked turbo car, drive line into a v8 body = fake.
What does the trunk sticker say? Vin there match dash?
Can't see any info on trunk sticker. It's there but nothing is legible.

Here are more pictures. Dash is digital and seats are power.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 69
I need assistance decoding a VIN to confirm that this car is in fact a GN or possibly Turbo T. Hoping to finalize deal tomorrow but need help with this VIN. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1G4GM47A7GP459533

The 8th character of the VIN is the engine type. In this case the A states that it came with a N/A 2-bbl 3.8l engine.

For a turbo engine that 8th character would be 7.

So it is a conversion of a standard run-of-the-mill Regal.

RemoveBeforeFlight

More pictures. Engine compartment has all the wires, nothing is cut, everything is where is supposed to be.

Attachments

• IMG_7364.JPG
    IMG_7364.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7347.JPG
    IMG_7347.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0152.PNG
    IMG_0152.PNG
    763.3 KB · Views: 58
Was the VIN copied correctly? Do you have a picture of it?

It may be that with a donor car the conversion is nearly undetectable. But the VIN doesn't lie.

RemoveBeforeFlight

And it matches the number on the dash? That Vin# is not that of a real GN.

Yes it matches the dash. So either someone did a nice job on a conversion or someone put a Regal VIN on a Stolen GN some years ago it's been sitting for over 5 years.

This is why a picture of the VIN would be nice, can check the rivets. Although my understanding is that it is somewhat easy to get the real ones.

Note that the front grill is from an '87, the '86 grill has a chrome band across the top.

I'd run from that car so fast the seller wouldn't know where I went.

There are some hidden VINs that can be checked, IIRC, they aren't easy to get to.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I would let the seller know it is a Clone, they may know or not know? If they are honest and they don't know, they will be glad to know.

The car is still worth something though. If you don't mind sharing what was the asking price?

In my opinion for what it is worth if it was a real GN just from the pics you posted I would say 6K is way to much. Real GN 3K-5K Closer to 5K if it runs. Clone GN 2K-$2500.00 is tops

The firewall is off/dirty white. AIRC, it should be body color. In the case of a GN, obviously black.
That's one nasty pile....:wtf:
As mentioned, run, don't walk.......

i wouldn't waste money on it... put the $6000 towards something better/cleaner and actually a Turbo Buick which will be worth more in the long run. Also the "M" in the VIN code indicates its a Regal Limited, which NEVER came with a turbo in 1986. 1987 was the only year you could have a Regal Limited with Turbo.