Need help deciding on a wheel

Your car is a beautiful color. Take the second wheel and paint the center to match your exterior color and lower the car an inch or two for the perfect ride height. It screams modern, high tech and nasty at the same time. I am still into the main theme of my GN with less chrome as possible, just the wheel lips on my wheels. Good luck with your choice. I agree with the statement about gold wheels above, very touchy..

neither. they look like they belong on a Mustang not a TR.

Glad you said it... To the OP I'm not trying to be offensive, for if I am/was I apologize. Just not a big fan of CCW wheels, but to each is own! If you can spend a little more money buy HRE or Forgeline. They're nicer wheel and better quality. That way it will look like a GN not a Mustang....

Glad you said it... To the OP I'm not trying to be offensive, for if I am/was I apologize. Just not a big fan of CCW wheels, but to each is own! If you can spend a little more money buy HRE or Forgeline. They're nicer wheel and better quality. That way it will look like a GN not a Mustang....
I've looked through forgeline and didn't see any thing that cought my eye I'll browse through HRE and see what they have. But I'm leaning towards the LM5.

CCWs are very nice wheels, and have been on more than one TR to grace a magazine in the past year or so (Scott@GNS and Dave (dsapper) come to mind. Forgelines and HREs are nominally better. But what you are really paying for is snob appeal and exclusivity. I run a $5,000 set of HREs on my vette (I bought used btw). Guys drool over them just because of the center caps...that's sad. I'd buy CCWs all day over the others if you find the design you like. Just be aware you may find others running the same wheels. These cars are rare enough that it shouldn't be a deterrent IMO. Good luck with your decision. They're a ll nice wheels.

CCWs are very nice wheels, and have been on more than one TR to grace a magazine in the past year or so (Scott@GNS and Dave (dsapper) come to mind. Forgelines and HREs are nominally better. But what you are really paying for is snob appeal and exclusivity. I run a $5,000 set of HREs on my vette (I bought used btw). Guys drool over them just because of the center caps...that's sad. I'd buy CCWs all day over the others if you find the design you like. Just be aware you may find others running the same wheels. These cars are rare enough that it shouldn't be a deterrent IMO. Good luck with your decision. They're a ll nice wheels.

Definitely correct about the snob appeal. I don't like the patterns of the CCW wheels. And for that matter not really crazy about the HRE's either. Scott from GNS actually recommended Forgeline and HRE to me a couple of years ago. If Center line made a 16 wheel I would buy those over any other wheel out there. Light and strong that's all that really matters to me. Powder coat them a matte or semi gloss black and be done with them. They're plain and that's the look that I like for these cars. Most people don't know what these cars are, for they're kinda of plain and boring looking and that's what I like about them. People nowadays think it kinda reminds them of something their grandfather used to drive.... Fine with me! Rather put money into performance and/or make my motor prettier.

To each his own. Id grab a pair a GNX replica's or the same style black mesh newer styles they have out. Looks KILLER on a your color T. I didnt buy a T type, to be like everyone else. I really dont even want to think about wheels. Way too many decisions. Give me some Vectors and fat tire. call it a day

Just placed my order for the LM5. Brushed center with polished lip. Almost went with a satin bronze centers but decided to play it safe.

These just look so right.
Muntant X side picture.jpg

These just look so right.
View attachment 252263

My turn.

Yes it looks just so right. And it will also look so right to many other Hot-Rod guys. And that's a good thing too. But we Buick guys are used to seeing each others cars. And for me these are just so played out and boring.

Because one guy 12 years ago puts these wheels on his car and they end up on a magazine cover. Now the rest of the TR world has to have them too?

Be creative. Take a chance. These aren't ugly to me, but now they're just boring.

My turn.

Yes it looks just so right. And it will also look so right to many other Hot-Rod guys. And that's a good thing too. But we Buick guys are used to seeing each others cars. And for me these are just so played out and boring.

Because one guy 12 years ago puts these wheels on his car and they end up on a magazine cover. Now the rest of the TR world has to have them too?

Be creative. Take a chance. These aren't ugly to me, but now they're just boring.
I see what you're saying but I'm not willing to take a chance on spending $4k+ on a set of wheels that may or may not look good. Plus, I love the look of the Simmons/LM5 on a TR.

I see where one might want to take take a risk and be a trend setter or go with what you know will work. With that being said, at the end of the day the owner reserves the right to put whatever the heck puts a smile on his face. If that means putting 22' spinners on it then it is what it is.

I see where one might want to take take a risk and be a trend setter or go with what you know will work. With that being said, at the end of the day the owner reserves the right to put whatever the heck puts a smile on his face. If that means putting 22' spinners on it then it is what it is.

He most certainly does. But he did ask for our opinion.

But just for the record.....I like both of the wheels he asked about. And if he was asking about putting 22' spinners on, I would gather a Buick Hit Squad and seek him out for an ass whooping!:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Better keep your eye on that one. She's a beauty.

I have the same color car with GTA's currently. Can't go wrong with the LM5's. I'm strongly considering CCW's new D240 in 17 or 18in, either fully polished or satin black center and polished lip. They look like a more modern GTA wheel. http://www.ccwheel.com/wheels-display-v2.php?view=D240. As if they weren't expensive enough, I just noticed the price went up $115 per wheel :mad: