Need help deciding on a wheel

jcuadra

My car is almost out of paint and I can't decide which wheel to go with. The car is a burgundy on burgundy "T".
I can't decide between the CCW LM5 and the CCW SP16. The wheel will have brushed centers and polished lip.
The SP16 would be a 19" wheel and the LM5 would be an 18".

ATT_1428766347372_Screenshot_2014-08-07-11-14-15.png ATT_1428766382603_Screenshot_2015-04-11-08-28-20.png

I like the first wheel also. 5 spoke is a more traditional muscle car look, plus they look nice if you have any painted calipers you want to show off. I also like 18" over the 19" size.

I like the first wheel also. 5 spoke is a more traditional muscle car look, plus they look nice if you have any painted calipers you want to show off. I also like 18" over the 19" size.

what he said. i think they will be easier to clean also.

neither. they look like they belong on a Mustang not a TR.

o_Oo_Oo_O

As mentioned above, LM5's are a copy of the most highly-regarded wheels ever to grace the wheel wells of a TR. Don't believe me? Go do a search for Simmons and see what prices used sets fetch. I'm all over these for my PT build if whatever brake setup I settle on will fit 18's.

Regarding the SP16A's, unless you're hung up on 19's, I'd look at Classics or LM20s and save yourself about $1,000 a set. If I was going to spend the money on those SP16A's, I'd be step up to something like Forgelines and pay for a better wheel and something more unique. The true beauty of CCW wheels lies in their bang for the buck. Once value gets taken out of the equation, there are better choices out there. Just my opinion. It may be as messed up as Brett's. :confused:

o_Oo_Oo_O

As mentioned above, LM5's are a copy of the most highly-regarded wheels ever to grace the wheel wells of a TR. Don't believe me? Go do a search for Simmons and see what prices used sets fetch. I'm all over these for my PT build if whatever brake setup I settle on will fit 18's.

Regarding the SP16A's, unless you're hung up on 19's, I'd look at Classics or LM20s and save yourself about $1,000 a set. If I was going to spend the money on those SP16A's, I'd be step up to something like Forgelines and pay for a better wheel and something more unique. The true beauty of CCW wheels lies in their bang for the buck. Once value gets taken out of the equation, there are better choices out there. Just my opinion. It may be as messed up as Brett's. :confused:
Your opinion is valid. Brett's opinion is ludicrous Lol. LM20's have also crossed my mind just wouldn't know whether brushed or textured black would look better on a burgundy car.

Here are a pic of the car before paint and a shot of the hood after paint taken yesterday.
IMAG0418.jpg IMAG0424.jpg IMAG0467.jpg IMAG0549.jpg IMAG0550.jpg

Lol. I don't know if mine is any more valid. But at least it provides some useful information. ;)

Mind you it is an opinion thread. And you know what they say about opinions...

Regarding the wheel color... If you have a grey interior, I would stay with that color or some variant on the wheels for sure. If you have a burgundy interior, you could consider doing gold centers as mentioned above. Be aware gold wheels will scream the 80's, so be sure that's the effect you're going for if you head down that road.