Need Everyones Input

BKLYN2FLORIDA

i had a friend paint my 87 GN, and wanted it black with a touch of some pearl in it to give it a distinctive look. the day of painting, he put a layer of pearl and ask me if it was sufficient, i couldn't see the pearl so i told him to put another layer of pearl. once he put the clear this color came out...it supposed to be black gold pearl. now it looks like candy apple brown....im not sure if i want to keep the color.
i want you people to give your honest opinion..if i should keep the color, does it look ghetto... it hasnt been wet sanded yet, nor the weather stripping hasnt been out back. I really dont want the car to look ghetto. i want it to look like a GN but that stands out from a regular black GN.
My wife hates it, my kids love it, im still up in the air. the painter put 5 coats of clear (1.5 gallons) so it has a nice layer of clear.

waiting for pics , sure you are going to hear all sides but the bottom line is Its YOUR car man. Paint it hot pink if you want lol, as long as YOU are happy with it ! Sounds like it may be pretty cool, for sure diffrent. Lets see them pics

you may have them to big, take your pics and srink them some with paint, open pic in paint, then go to image stretch/skew and put 65 or some on both It will shrink it down a lot get it under 100kb or you can post them on photobucket and link them here

About Time..here They Are

Thanks For Advice On How To Upload

Attachments

• 3A.JPG
    3A.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 436
  • 4A.jpg
    4A.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 425
  • 1A.JPG
    1A.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 441
  • 2A.jpg
    2A.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 432
I don't like it. It does look different. Probably looks really good at night. Kind'a growing on me now. I might try it on my white car when I get it repainted.

Is the pearl over clear? black base-clear-pearl-clear? If so; you might buff down to the first clear.

It's YOUR car. Don't let us decide.

looks better at night for sure, ill post soon. its prime base 2 coats, then pearl 2 coats then clear 5 coats
its house of colors black gold pearl

not for me BUT as others have said.."whatever floats your boat" :p

X2.....That is if you are not changing anything else about the car. Now if you are doing some different rims (not just GN-GNX's) then you might be able to pull it off. Maybe change the interior too.

What I'm saying is that I think it is a little too different. You won't come up to it thinking it's a stock paint and then realize that it has extra done to it. It is apparent at first glance that the paint is custom so you sort of expect the rest of the car to be custom too.

It is hard to tell from the photos but does the color seem to shift like the chamelon (sp?) colors?

I won't say whether I like it or not. That's your call, but if you wanted black, then I don't think you got it. I'd bet that it looks better than the pics show, but just a guess.

I like it.

id call the car, Root Beer.

definitly gives it some attention. kinda like girls and the belly button jewelery.

:p A.j.

the car does change colors a bit from black to gold then that **** brown...at night it has that military green and black with gliitter....lol

i really wanted black...like the new cadi escalades...not just plain black..but the more im thinking you cant go wrong with a nice jet black...but then it becomes a me2 car, when you have 30 GNs lined up...doesnt stick out......