Need a new posi unit but which one?

gnkid1987

my 87 gn is now a one tire fire again thanks to auburn gear. Installed a pro series limited slip and it is crap after 5 years of use. I was looking at the powertrax grip ls or the Yukon gear unit. Has anyone used either and can share some info?

Thanks guys
Ray

I just installed a Eaton truetrac and I love it so far also installed 30 spline axles

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    942.6 KB · Views: 218
Well yesterday was its maiden voyage and I put about 100 miles on her . There is no clicking going around turns and it locked right up when I got on it and it was spinning the tires . Plus no clutches to replace . Love it so far

This upgrade is on my soon to do list. Do you have part numbers for everything you had to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what I orders plus c clip eliminators

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    261 KB · Views: 252
  • image.png
    image.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 231
Eaton tru trac and 30 spline axles here,and its great no issues whatsover.
Cant tell the difference from stock to this unit.
Unless its up in air and you turn one wheel the other goes opposite.
But it puts down even marks from beginning to end.

Eaton tru trac and 30 spline axles here,and its great no issues whatsover.
Cant tell the difference from stock to this unit.
Unless its up in air and you turn one wheel the other goes opposite.
But it puts down even marks from beginning to end.
Not to thread jack but, Aren't you in the Bay? Do you have a guy you can recommend for the diff work? I had a shop out in Stockton do my truck awhile back but would prefer someone more local if possible.

Not to thread jack but, Aren't you in the Bay? Do you have a guy you can recommend for the diff work? I had a shop out in Stockton do my truck awhile back but would prefer someone more local if possible.

Gimme a pm and i can see if i can help.

Well yesterday was its maiden voyage and I put about 100 miles on her . There is no clicking going around turns and it locked right up when I got on it and it was spinning the tires . Plus no clutches to replace . Love it so far

Hey. I know it's an old thread.

Looking to do the same upgrade as you did. How do you like it so far? Do C clip eliminators leak?

Would you have done anything different now?

Thank you much.