NED Buick Day 6-30-12

JMT

In the NED newsletter it says that 6-30 is a test and tune and Inugrual Buick Event. Has anyone heard about this and is anyone going?

Ha, never noticed that in the newspaper. I'ld like to know what's the story. Would be good to go to for sure. Hopefully I'll be together...

In the NED newsletter it says that 6-30 is a test and tune and Inugrual Buick Event. Has anyone heard about this and is anyone going?

I did hear some of the V8 Buick guys in the area were trying to organize a Buick event this summer, maybe they will let the Turbo boys come and play. If I hear anymore I will pass it along.
9sec.

I've sent an email to them and called but this weekend is a big event so no one that has information is available to talk. I'll try next week. I've searched the internet too but no info on this event other than the NED blurb...

OK, got the info from the organizer. It's an event open to ALL Buicks!! Race or show. $40 for the car either way and $10 for spectators, kids under 10 free. He's the link to the Bash. http://newenglandbuicks.activeboard.com/t46070455/buick-day-at-ned/ Please everyone pass this around. All are welcome, either a Buick with any engine or any vehicle with a Buick engine. So let's all go out and have a good time!

Figured I'd take the pressure off Mike and jump on here to answer any questions about the event. I'm the orginizer, for better or worse, so I can hopefully help you guys with any info that you need.

I told Mike already but I'll pass it along. It's an event open to any Buick regardless of drivetrain, or any vehicle with a Buick motor. That includes the TTA's, the Buick powered Jeeps, the Grand Am's wth 3800's, basically anything you can think of that has a Buick motor. Doesn't even have to be a factory install. It also includes the Regals with the Olds 307, the Roadmasters with the LT1, and even El Caminos with Regal noses (as long as the Buick emblem is visible of course) The point of this event is to avoid the strict limits put on other events such as the '72 cut-off or the must be this engine rule. This is open to a wide range of people in the hopes of getting more people together for a fun day. Plus it gives the muscle car guys and the tuner guys a place where they can come together and maybe learn something about cars that they never really gave a second thought to.

This is not a payout event officially. Side bets or betting pools are fine as long as you're not going around yelling stuff out and making it obvious. I personally wont be involved with it and neither will the track. Their rules are that sponsors have to handle the payout and to be a sponsor you have to buy a sponsorship package from the track. That's why I'm not handling anything since it's my butt on the line if I try to skirt the rules.

The event is being held on a test n tune day which means it's a flat rate to get in and you can run whatever will pass tech. If you want to attend and the Buick is broken than feel free to come by in something else. Just don't plan on racing in the bracket if you're not in some form of Buick. You can still race in the open category though for bragging rights or to show off your other projects.

Anyone who would like to volunteer to help out can let me know on this thread and I'll get back to you.
I really need someone who plans on being there early to help get the new guys registered and through tech inspections (registration is a track thing so that they know who you are and what you're driving. It also involves filling out insurance forms and such. Just remember to mention to them that you're in the Buick event). I know how confusing it is at a race track the first time through so I'd like some of the experts to let the new guys lean on you a bit just so that they can be more excited and less confused.
I'd also like it if someone with racing experience could help orginize the brackets. I may not be there by the time qualifying ends so I shouldn't be the one handling that particular step. For all I know there are already a dozen people expecting to do this, but I'd rather too many volunteers than not enough.

I think that just about covers the basic premise. If anyone needs more specific info just follow the link posted above this post or ask away on this thread.

I will be in Center Harbor, NH this weekend for a family reunion. Would anybody like to meet up and head down together? Won't be running my Buick sadly. Could not get the trans issues fixed in time. But I would like to see some TRs run. Send me an inboxed message.

Nix

I'll be there but not with my car either.

I will go to watch since I have no buick anymore....

Who knows maybe I will fall into another one again. maybe the 3rd time will be a charm

It will be good to see you guys again. Send me your numbers in a message and Ill give you a call when I get there. I wish I could have had the car there.. No such luck this time. Maybe a few more weeks and Ill make a trip there.

Nix

Earcher, It would be awesome to see your car and meet you. Sending you a PM with my number so maybe we can meet up.

Nix

i would love to go in my white car but i actually have to pedal it down the track as its too fast and no cage yet. first time i ran i let out of it twice cause she got loose. left on no boost and ran 11.2 @ 130mph. those #'s dont even go together.

Don't have to bring it to race. Bring it to show! If not, no big deal. A lot of us aren't bringing our cars. Mine is in disrepair haha.

Nix

I'm hoping this goes well and Brad does one in September. I'll be ready by then, I hope.o_O

Letting everyone know that the event is on and the weather will be hot, but clear. There's a good chance that I won't be in attendence though. Had a bit of an accident today and I'm supposed to be off my feet for the next 24-48 hours. I'm going to do my best to swing by and see how the turnout is, but it's up in the air at the moment. Hopefully everyone has a great time and I get to see some great pics posted up later.

Had a good time even if I didn't have my car there. Nice talking to everyone. Hope there are more Buick events in the future. Good for gettting modivated.;)

Big thanks to Mike for making sure this thing got done. Sorry for sticking you with the heavy lifting. Next time I set something up I'll cover your entry fee to make it up to you.

Ha! I did next to nothing! The track officials made the ladder and organized the cars in the tech area. It was pretty confusing for the first round but as the field got smaller it was easier. I believe all that ran their cars were very experienced racers as well. The whole track was pretty empty. I think Sunday had more classes that ran.

Ha! I did next to nothing! The track officials made the ladder and organized the cars in the tech area. It was pretty confusing for the first round but as the field got smaller it was easier. I believe all that ran their cars were very experienced racers as well. The whole track was pretty empty. I think Sunday had more classes that ran.

Well in that case :p

Just kidding. You still took a load off my mind regardless of how much work was involved. Thanks for stepping up.